Posted on: August 1, 2020
Who We Are:From the 100,000+ startups a year that don't have an
efficient way to connect with advisors to the tens of thousands of
public and private companies that have been sourcing advisors from
the same talent pool for decades, it's time for more innovative
ways to connect companies of all sizes with advisors of all types.
For the first time ever, executives can take a proactive approach
to landing advisory work by being listed as an available advisor on
AdvisoryCloud.com, using tools and resources to promote themselves
as an advisor, and immediately joining up to three advisory boards
exclusively being sourced by AdvisoryCloud.We are looking for an
Accounting Specialist professional to join our team! In this
dynamic role, you will have the unique opportunity to support
various accounting functions! Under the general supervision of the
Controller, the Accounting Specialist will primarily be responsible
for supporting our Finance Department.Key Duties and
- Prepare and process daily billing procedures including A/P,
A/R, and reconciliations.
- Maintain and reconcile vendor accounts.
- Verify and process invoices, checks and credit card
- Maintain files and accounting documentation using internal
software and systems.
- Prepare Banking, Cash Receipts, Prepaids, Accruals.
- Performs and assists with month-end close, records month-end
accruals based on feedback from multiple departments.
- Preparing Balance Sheet, P&L statements and other
- Perform general accounting duties to including data input,
filing, scanning and organizing information.
- Assist in year-end tax preparation and audit
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that demonstrate professionalism,
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multitask
in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
with a positive attitude.
- Highly coachable with the initiative and willingness to
- Detail oriented and able to manage and post large volume of
data with speed and accuracy.
- Able to plan, organize, and prioritize workload to meet
- Able to establish and maintaining efficient filing and records
retention of financial documents.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability
to communicate internally with team members as well as externally
with vendors and other service providersEducation, Experience and
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalence
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, and
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Office suite of products, Microsoft Windows, G-Suite and
- Strong Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required (filters,
sorting, pivot tables, V Lookup, Tables, charts and graphs
- Strong knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations a plus
- Start-up and/or SaaS environment experience a plusWhat We
Offer:We are a talented group of people who are dedicated,
hardworking and passionate about our business. Our culture is
friendly, supportive and collaborative. We invest in the well-being
of our employees and their families through our comprehensive
benefits program.Competitive PayComprehensive Medical, Dental &
Vision coverageHealth Savings and Flexible Savings AccountsLife
InsuranceShort and Long-term Disability401k Retirement Savings
ProgramCommuter Benefit PlanPet Adoption ReimbursementEmployee
Assistance ProgramRocketLawyerZestful, Travel Assistance, Healthy
Rewards, Life Assistance ProgramEmployee Referral ProgramPM20
Keywords: AdvisoryCloud, Novato , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!