Posted on: November 17, 2020
About the RoleWe're looking for a self-motivated accounting
professional to join our AdvisoryCloud team! As the Accounting
Specialist, you will support a full range of accounting functions
for the Finance Department. You have a working knowledge of GAAP
rules and regulations, experience in accrual accounting, and
proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel. You thrive in a fast-paced
and entrepreneurial environment.Who We Are:From the 100,000+
startups a year that don't have an efficient way to connect with
advisors to the tens of thousands of public and private companies
that have been sourcing advisors from the same talent pool for
decades, it's time for more innovative ways to connect companies of
all sizes with advisors of all types. For the first time ever,
executives can take a proactive approach to landing advisory work
by being listed as an available advisor on AdvisoryCloud.com, using
tools and resources to promote themselves as an advisor, and
immediately joining up to three advisory boards exclusively being
sourced by AdvisoryCloud..
What You'll Do:
- Verify and process invoices, checks and credit card
- Maintain files and accounting documentation using internal
software and systems.
- Prepare Banking, Cash Receipts, Prepaids and Accruals.
- Perform and assist with month-end close, and record month-end
accruals based on feedback from multiple departments.
- Prepare Balance Sheets, P&L statements and other ad-hoc
- Assist in year-end tax preparation and audit.
- Prepare and process daily billing procedures including A/P, A/R
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.Who You
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
with a positive attitude.
- Highly coachable with the initiative and willingness to
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and post a large
volume of data with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain efficient filing
and records retention of financial documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Education,
Experience and Training:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalence.
- Minimum 2-3 years of accrual accounting experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Office suite of products, Microsoft Windows, G-Suite.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (filters, sorting, pivot
tables, V Lookup, Tables, charts and graphs, etc.).
- Working knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations.
- Prior experience in a start-up and/or SaaS environment a
plus.You'll Love: We are a talented group of people who are
dedicated, hardworking and passionate about our business. Our
culture is friendly, supportive and collaborative. We invest in the
well-being of our employees and their families through our
comprehensive benefits program.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Health Savings and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Zestful, Travel Assistance, Healthy Rewards, Life Assistance
- Employee Referral ProgramPM20 PI126006509
Keywords: AdvisoryCloud, Novato , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!