Senior Trust Officer
Company: Bank of Marin
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Bank of Marin, voted by our employees as one of the "Best Places
to Work" in the North Bay Business Journal, is looking for a Senior
Trust Officer to join our Wealth Management and Trust team out of
either our corporate office in Novato or our office in Ranch
The Senior Trust Officer will be responsible for maintaining
relationships with clients and beneficiaries where the Bank has
been retained to serve as Trustee. The Senior Trust Officer will
independently administer trust accounts as assigned and perform
duties as directed by the governing document and current pertinent
law. The Senior Trust Officer will generate and close acceptable
new business opportunities, with responsibility for achievement of
assigned business development goals. As the Senior Trust Officer
this position would be expected to provide guidance to Client
Services Officer(s) and the Trust Officer(s).
Essential Job Functions:Senior Trust Officer (STO) will be expected
to perform the duties described herein with minimal supervision:
- Manage trust relationships including the opening,
administering, and closing of trust accounts. -
- Independently prepare for and conduct new business meetings
with prospective clients.
- Review and interpret the terms of governing documents and
carryout such terms in accordance with state, local and federal
- Prepare distribution plans and evaluate discretionary
distribution requests against the trust document, applicable laws,
and internal policies and procedures.
- Complete all regulatory reporting required of trust accounts
including administrative and Reg 9 reviews.
- Collaborate with COIs and other professionals, including estate
planning attorneys, CPAs, and investment managers, to develop new
business opportunities and in furtherance of current clients
estate, tax, or succession planning goals.
- Proficient in asset allocation, investment vehicles, and modern
- Possess a basic understanding of individual and fiduciary tax
laws and fiduciary accounting principles including the UPAIA.
- Engage with COIs in the community to increase knowledge of the
Bank which may include such activities as joining relevant
professional organizations and volunteering at local
- Identify and report to management potential risks to the
department and assist in risk mitigation. -
- Assist with and understand various operational
tasksProfessional / Educational Experience:
- Bachelors degree from accredit college or university required.
JD, CTFA, AEP or similar designation preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience or the equivalent combination of
education and experience, in the area of trust administration with
a demonstrated track record of skills and abilities.
- Ability to clearly communicate with others both verbally and in
- Advanced skill level in Word and Excel. Intermediate PowerPoint
The Bank of Marin is a growing public company with career
advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision,
401K, profit sharing and employee stock ownership plans, tuition
reimbursement, and an employee volunteer program.Bank of Marin is
an equal opportunity employer. -EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Bank of Marin, Novato , Senior Trust Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!