Marketing Technology, Web Strategist & Content Author (Contract)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company,
publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game
development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for
developing 2K's portfolio of world-class games across multiple
platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy,
Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding
due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting
studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes
titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including sports,
shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data
scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional
publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed
franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The
Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier's Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work
environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are
and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion,
and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We
encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned
label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What You Will Do
- Engage with Customers (Brand teams), capture requirements,
deliver prototypes and ensure the delivery of high-quality web
content and websites.
- Support the team in projects/mini projects simultaneously from
initial brief / request / scoping to completion (published).
- Obsess about creating reusable and scalable solutions. Help
identify scalable web components that can be reused across all 2K
- Advocate the use of agile practices around business
requirements, user stories, requirement refining and ticket
creation in JIRA.
- Actively participate in Scrum meetings and Sprint planning
- Create clearly defined JIRA tickets that include all
requirements as set out by our customers.
- Provide mentorship, training, and support for junior Web
Strategy team members.
- Handle and maintain process documents, briefing documents and
training documents for the wider multidisciplinary team.
- Inputting content and assets across all 2K IPs in a fast paced
and time sensitive environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to QA content and assets within
the Staging environment prior to websites / web pages going
- Working closely with the Web Team to ensure that websites / web
pages are launched / published on time.
- Ownership of specific titles within the CMS, ensuring that
roles and permissions are correctly allocated, training is
delivered, and content authoring is inputted using the agreed
parameters and guidelines.
- Participate in web strategy planning sessions to ensure that
relevant research and data is presented when promoting specific
features / content creation.
- Facilitate the planning of Web Strategy meetings, from agenda
setting, accurate and concise minute taking and distribution to
- Promote an SEO data driven approach to all web related decision
making to ensure that all titles perform to the highest SEO
- Master SEO tools and Google SEO products (GA / GSC / Page Speed
Insights) for research and performance reporting on assigned
What Skills Are Needed
- Minimum of 3 years in a Digital Marketing role, preferably
- Solid understanding of UX / UI and web site design.
- Experience leading cross-functional / Cross-Team projects.
- Experience content authoring in WYSIWYG CMS systems uploading
and editing content in multiple languages.
- Experience working with JIRA / Confluence project management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client management
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to create and
implement clear processes and workflows.
- Documentation in this role is key, clear documentation and
recording of events is essential.
- Comfortable working with senior management and navigating
- An analytical mind and the ability to provide solid reasoning
to difficult technical problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a
strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and take ownership of the delivery of Web
solutions within the Marketing Function.
- Desire to keep learning about new practices, technologies and
the latest evolutions of the web.
- Understanding of the Google suite of products - Google Search
Console / Google Analytics etc.
- An understanding of the gaming industry is beneficial but not a
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that
qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if
you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com
Keywords: 2K, Novato , Marketing Technology, Web Strategist & Content Author (Contract), Advertising , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!