Senior Animation Engineer
Company: Cloud Chamber
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative and proactive Senior
Animation Engineer to join our team. In this role you will own and
continue development on our key animation systems. The systems
include: motion matching locomotion system, IK solvers,
miscellaneous sub-systems and tools for animation playback. You
will work collaboratively with Design and Animation to improve,
invent, and maintain these systems. During this process you will
have constant opportunities to help elevate, problem solve, and
steer these ideas as they develop.
- Help finalize, optimize, and improve our motion matching
- Work closely and constructively with design and animation teams
to realize creative ambitions.
- Architect and coordinate the implementation of new animation
systems and features.
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 adapting existing systems and
building new technology in order to fulfill the project's technical
needs and creative goals.
- Support planning efforts by estimating and dependency checking
gameplay feature development.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep
current on technological developments and advancements in the game
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and
generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Skills, Experience And Qualifications
A passion for collaborating with people in different disciplines to
solve creative problems with game AI will help you be successful in
this role. The ability to combine strong math skills with design
sensibilities will ensure that you can deliver high quality and
fun-to-play systems. At Cloud Chamber we strive to delegate
creative ownership of tasks and features to small,
interdisciplinary pods. We are looking for someone that can get
inspired by the vision and help to deliver exciting new features
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a
strong familiarity with Object-Oriented (OO) design
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under
- Must have strong 3D Math skills.
We are Cloud Chamber : a collaborative team of inspired minds who
create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and
thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the
makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on
open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to
strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We're currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic
franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and
responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved
game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we'd love
to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective
employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.
Keywords: Cloud Chamber, Novato , Senior Animation Engineer, Engineering , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!