Lead Data Analytics Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 25, 2018
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information TechnologyTechnologyOur technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.----Your role at Sephora: As a Lead Data Analytics Engineer, you will be the subject matter expert (SME) on Data Visualization and lead development of BI (Business Intelligence) products and increased adoption of Tableau within Sephora. Reporting to the Director, Analytics and Personalization, you will establish best practices, develop, manage and build governance models to improve visibility of new/existing Tableau solutions/dashboards within Sephora. In addition, you will:--
- Lead, design and implement innovative analytical solutions using data visualization tools such as Tableau and related technologies.
- Build collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders, architects, technical leads and key individuals within other functional groups.
- Become an expert in Sephora data and sources to quickly determine the best way to put information together. Provide guidance to Sephora teams on relevant analytical and BI applications to address Sephora's internal business challenges.
- The Lead Engineer is highly visible and will own the development of several executive-facing dashboards; interfacing across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to business performance.
- Establish deep partnerships with business owners to identify BI needs for the business and evangelize existing solutions or develop new solutions appropriately.
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing quality technical solutions.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.--We're excited about you if you have:
- 7+ years of business intelligence, analytics or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Tableau building dashboards.
- Experience working in retail industry with large scale enterprise organization, ecommerce, marketing and CRM applications preferred.
- Expertise in data extraction using SQL.
- Hands-on experience in dashboard development using Tableau and connecting Tableau to Hadoop datasets through Hive or a similar toolset.
- Knowledge of BI and data warehousing principles including data modeling, data quality, extract/transform/load process, job scheduling and indexing.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving with an ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and able to handle several projects while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced (startup like) agile development environment. Friendly, articulate, and interested in working in a fun, small team environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent; MS preferred.--You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world---with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)---and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.--Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.----Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.--Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.COMPANY OVERVIEW:
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Mo--t Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.
Keywords: Sephora, Novato , Lead Data Analytics Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!