Director, Software Engineering
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Director Software Engineering
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented
game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis
Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games.
Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and
publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of
critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock,
Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier's Civilization,
WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is
a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for
console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers,
including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through
physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud
streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today's most popular
gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy,
sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment
to "Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!" We are
dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in
all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and
personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of
race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national
origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and
we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's
most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
2K is looking for an experienced Engineering Director to lead our
Web Engineering Function. You will lead a team of impactful
Engineers. We use a mix of internal and outsourced teams to deliver
high quality Web products.
You will work within the Marketing Innovation function. Our core
focus is developing Customer facing solutions that deliver best in
class Web experiences.
The ideal candidate will have great technical depth in the field of
web development, distributed systems, cloud computing, and
client/server infrastructure. In addition to having exceptional
operational and people management skills, and a high level of
What You Will Do
- Ensure the delivery of technology delivers excellent outcomes
for the Business
- Collaborate with 2K Product Marketing teams to understand
Business goals and objectives
- Build and lead a distributed engineering team [6 internal &
- Provide strong mentorship and guidance for the team,
continually improving engineering standard methodologies and
providing support to develop a strong team culture
- Drive operational excellence with development processes that
lead to the team consistently delivering projects on time, in scope
and in budget.
- Provide clear communication to teams, partners and management
to ensure proactive resolution of potential challenges as they
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in team management (leading both
engineers and managers), including hiring and career
- Strong technical skills with recent hands-on experience in
frontend development, including with React / VUE / Angular. This is
not a developer role, but the skills and ability to do so are
- Experience as a full stack developer.
- Validated ability to motivate teams, mentor individuals and
operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Substantial experience leading external partners
- Familiarity with software development practices, including
Agile, Test Driven Development and Software as a Service.
- Experience with web design systems, architecture design & CMS
development a benefit
- Experience/knowledge with microservices architecture
- Team player with exceptional collaboration and communication
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Keywords: 2K, Novato , Director, Software Engineering, Executive , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!