Assistant Store Manager - Novato - Hamilton Market
Company: Pet Food Express
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout Pet Food ExpressPet Food Express is the
best place to shop for pet supplies – and it's all because of the
people who work here. Sure, we have better products and more
convenient services. But most importantly, we offer gold-standard
customer service and expert advice for even the toughest pet
problems. Sound like you? Join us.Our Assistant Managers coach
customers through the ins-and-outs of pet parenthood and lead Sales
Associates through the day-to-day of retail operations. They work
closely with field leadership to ensure every customer has a fun,
friendly, and informative shopping experience and that our
employees feel like they matter at work. On an average day,
- Actively approach and engage with our two-legged and
- Answer customer questions about specific products.
- Use the PFE Whole Life Approach to provide tailored
recommendations that help customers live their best possible lives
with their pets. Learn
- Participate in and lead daily training and continuous
educational programs to enhance your and your team's product
knowledge and sales skills.
- Stay up-to-date about new products and the pet community and
share what you know with your store. Operate
- Lead PFE Sales Associates through store open and close.
- Operate the cash register in a friendly and efficient
- Lead or co-lead unloading of shipments and stocking the store –
this includes lifting heavy bags of dog food. (It's just one part
of the job, but is pretty physical. Make sure this is for
- Clean and maintain the store (leaders lead by example – no one
at PFE gets out of this). What you'll need:
- We value potential over experience. We hire great people, pay
them well, and train them on what they need to know. If you're
unsure about whether you meet our qualifications, just apply.
- A passion for pets and people.
- Leadership experience required (Retail and/or pet experience is
- Eagerness to learn, drive and lots of ambition. We're growing
at 10% a year, so we need people who can grow with us.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends regularly.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.What you'll
- Competitive pay with opportunities for growth.
- Senior leaders who care about your passion and
- Formal leadership training.
- Investment in your pet knowledge, you'll never see pets the
- Best employee discount in the industry - extends to you and
your family members.
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay.
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit-sharing, and other great
benefits - even pet insurance!
- Bring your well-behaved dog to work.
- Community volunteer opportunities. Pet Food Express is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or
applicants based on race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. Pet Food Express is a place where everyone can
learn and grow. However you identify and whatever your background,
please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come
to work every day.Powered by JazzHRmul680RJJz
Keywords: Pet Food Express, Novato , Assistant Store Manager - Novato - Hamilton Market, Executive , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!