Senior Director Data Engineering
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company,
publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game
development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for
developing 2K's portfolio of world-class games across multiple
platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy,
Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding
due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting
studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes
titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including sports,
shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data
scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the
professional publishing stewards of our growing library of
critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock,
Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier's Civilization, Tiny Tina's
Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work
environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are
and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion
and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We
encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned
label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
An engineering director who will lead and grow the data engineering
team in the analytics group. This person will take over the
ingestion, transformation, and manipulation of unstructured data
from across the organization. They will be responsible for
maintaining, developing, and refining the data infrastructure.
Support the analytics team in building robust pipelines through
APIs, leading the ETL/ELT processes, and creating and organizing
What You Will Do
- Working with the studios and publishing business functions to
make sure that we have the right data processes in place.
- Architecting data models that are reusable, scalable, and
- Own ETL pipelines, data warehouses, analytics tools, and other
aspects of the company's big data platform
- Own migration strategies, retention policies, and performance
improvements for data warehouses
- Work with the game, marketing, engineering, and analytics teams
to gather requirements and build, test, and deploy new data
pipelines based on business requirements.
- Participate in the architectural and infrastructural decisions
to build scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Lead architectural and design reviews. Participate in code
- Interact with key partners across multiple verticals. Emphasize
transparency and communication of Data Engineering initiatives with
the broader 2K/T2 community.
- Grow the team by actively recruiting, evaluating, hiring, and
mentoring team members.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
If you have experience building big data solutions, are interested
in building analytics platforms, and are up for the challenge of
working in a fast-paced environment, we think you will be a
phenomenal fit, and we'd love to hear from you!
- 7+ years in Engineering and/or real-time data pipelines
- Experience leading a team and projects in a dynamic
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Self-motivated attitude with an ability to carry ideas from
inception to completion
- Experience building highly scalable batch and real-time ETL
- Experience designing and optimizing database schemas (columnar
- Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kinesis,
- Expertise with AWS tech and deployment (Docker, Jenkins,
- Proficient in using scripting languages, specifically for
automation, and having a sense for good development practices
- Proficient using Source Control tools (Git preferred)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that
qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if
you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com
Keywords: 2K, Novato , Senior Director Data Engineering, Executive , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!