Plant Manager II
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Plant Manager II in Novato, CA at Veolia North America A
subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a
full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services,
including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous
waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource
recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher
education and municipality customers throughout North America.
Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than
10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the
continent. Please visit our website -www.veolianorthamerica.com
.Job DescriptionPay Rate: $145,000-$155,000, Per
YearBENEFITSVeolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid
time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance.
In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an
employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and
benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their
collective bargaining agreement. Position Purpose: -Plans,
organizes and manages the daily operation, maintenance and testing
of a water and/or wastewater, small to medium industrial facilities
with NPDES permits, public works system or multiple sites. Assures
compliance with established environmental, safety, operating,
standards, policies and emergency response procedures. Maintains
ongoing client interface to keep client informed and enhance client
- Manages daily operation and maintenance and ensures compliance
with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and performance
metrics. Typically works through Operations, Maintenance and/or Lab
Supervisors to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to
achieve project objectives. Teaches cost control and provides
effective counsel / direction, especially where corrective actions
- Manages the human resource functions of the facility or unit
including hiring and firing, salary and job change actions, and
coaching and counseling team. Works with HSE and training team to
ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training.
Coaches and counsels supervisors and leads to improve technical
skills and interpersonal, supervisory and problem resolution
skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to
learn new skills and techniques. Administers labor agreements to
ensure compliance and effectively deal with representative labor
- Reviews and evaluates water reports, records, logs, and graphs
to confirm adequacy of present and projected water needs. Ensures
that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed
facility-wide. Prepares reports concerned with chemical and
bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and
- Administers client contracts to ensure compliance and customer
satisfaction and prompt identification and client notification of
- Performs all baseline client relations duties, including
preparation and presentation of progress and special reports.
- Participates in client meetings, special award programs and
handles resolution of client service problems in a professional
- Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to
regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as
- Develops site objectives in conjunction with Area Manager and
assists managers and supervisors in developing goals and activities
in their respective areas in order to meet overall business
objectives. Establishes the standards, guidelines and objective
measures to monitor progress. Implements process improvements, new
concepts, technologies and practices.
- Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job
requirements and capitalizes on talents to effectively meet
business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress
toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
- Proactively manages safety, plant appearance and environmental
issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards
including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards.
Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if
necessary in a timely manner.
- Maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in event of
emergencies such as machinery, equipment or power failure, or need
to release dammed water to affect flood control. Manages
emergencies in an effective manner.
- Executes capital and facility improvement plans as
- May oversee construction and maintenance of roads and
communication lines used in operating water supply systems.
Oversees contractors as required.
- Spends 50% of time in the operations environment and 50% of
time in the office environment.
- May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions and
drive a company vehicle to perform duties.
- Occasional travel for training or meetings.
- Possible Work Hazards: May be exposed to possible operations
hazards including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals,
rotating machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures,
slippery surfaces, water and electrical
- Degree in Business, Science or Engineering or equivalent
related experience with completion of an accredited management
- Five to seven years progressive supervisory and management
experience within a water/wastewater treatment environment with
thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and
practices of water/wastewater treatment, water distribution and
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to manage resources
(personnel, equipment, materials, facilities, funds and
- Knowledge of Process / Operations Management, QA/QC procedures,
Safety, Environmental and Facilities / Capital Equipment
Management. Demonstrates above average expertise in at least one of
the key areas of general knowledge.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem
resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment
deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions with careful
consideration of the merits of alternative choices, to draw
conclusions, resolve disputes and exercise judgement forthrightly
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget preparation and cost control
and have the ability to forecast budget, staffing and equipment
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and
interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all
levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete
and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing,
spreadsheet and database software and the ability to optimize the
use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to
streamline processes and increase efficiency. Familiarity with
maintenance, operation, regulatory reporting and cost estimating
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility
required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other
Company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if
required by site.Required Certification/Licenses/Training:
- Highest level of certification required by site. If from
another state, must achieve certification within one year of
appointment to Plant Manager. Lab experience for permit testing
- Valid Driver's license and safe driving record.
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
Level I and II certification if required by site.Physical
- Amount of time spent - Standing 25%, Sitting 50%, Walking
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or
crouch and enter confined spaces.
- May be required to use ladders or stairs. May occasionally be
required to lift 50 to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust
focus.Additional InformationWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status.Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits
information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company
reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject
to applicable law.We and our partners process data in order to:Use
precise geolocation data. Actively scan device characteristics for
identification. Store and/or access information on a device.
Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience
insights and product development.
Keywords: Veolia, Novato , Plant Manager II, Executive , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...