Front Office Coordinator - Internal Medicine
Company: Marin General Hospital
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Front Office Coordinator - Internal Medicine Job Number
MHMN20-237 Hours Per Two-Week Period 80 Shift Hours 8 Hour Shift
MarinHealth Medical Network is a medical foundation representing
the physicians, their care teams and office staff, who previously
operated under Prima Medical Foundation or the Marin Healthcare
District. With a network of clinics across many different medical
specialties throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County,
MarinHealth Medical Network functions as an extended family of
healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren't just
making a living; we're making a positive impact on the health of
our patients and their families. Come and join us in touching and
transforming lives every day! External hires must pass a background
check. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
JOB SUMMARY The front office coordinator is essential to
establishing an excellent patient experience. We are looking for a
dependable and motivated team player with good interpersonal skills
and a professional attitude to join our team. Because of the very
high level of care we achieve, the demands on the front desk are
extremely high. We require a lively, enthusiastic person who is
creative and able to provide personalized care in our busy office.
This position will primarily work in the front office. Solid
administrative experience, good customer service and a mature, calm
demeanor are essential skills for this position.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provides a variety of medical front office support tasks.
- SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Front Desk Supervisor,
- SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
- TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some
bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination
and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier,
telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal
range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate
- TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical
office environment. Involves frequent contact with patients and
staff and some contact with doctors. Work may be stressful at
times. Contact may involve dealing with anxious or upset
-- Essential Functions and responsibilities:--(This list may not
include all of the duties assigned.)
- Answers telephones, triages calls, takes messages, and provides
- Provides support services to patients and medical staff.
Schedules appointments and admissions as required.
- Prepares patient charts and other office documents. Scans and
sorts documents into Electronic Health Record.
- Maintains files. Assists in updating office systems.
- Inventories office supplies. Assists in the care and
maintenance of office equipment.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
Relays necessary messages to staff and doctors.
- Answers questions regarding patient appointments, prescriptions
- Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant, and
helpful manner. Verifies necessary information and updates patient
- Assembles patient's paperwork and forms for visits.
- Requests referrals and authorizations as needed. When
- Logs payments and balances receipts. Ensures copays are
balances and reports properly produced
- Oversees reception area, coordinates patient movement, and
reports problems of irregularities.
- Adheres to "Best Practices" as introduced by the company and or
- Performs other related work as assigned or required.
-- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, and make any change accurately.
- Skill in operating a computer, fax, and copy machine.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, employees, and doctors.
- One (1) years of progressive responsibility and directly
related work experience
- Minimum High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Completion of
business school or related training, including computer courses
- Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical
records: Use of EPIC software a plus
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for medical
Keywords: Marin General Hospital, Novato , Front Office Coordinator - Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!