Medical Assistant - New Grads Welcome!
Company: MarinHealth Medical Network
Posted on: November 18, 2021
City:NovatoState/Territory:CAWHO WE ARE:MarinHealth Medical
Network is a medical foundation representing the physicians, their
care teams and office staff, who previously operated under Prima
Medical Foundation or the Marin Healthcare District. With a network
of clinics across many different medical specialties throughout
Marin and Southern Sonoma County, MarinHealth Medical Network
functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take
pride in knowing that we aren't just making a living; we're making
a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Come and join us in touching and transforming lives every
day!External hires must pass a background check and medical screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records
will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with
federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability status and any other
classifications protected by federal, state & local
laws.COMPENSATION:We have an excellent benefits package, such as
medical/vision/dental insurance, generous PTO and paid holiday,
401(k) with company match, and more!This role pays $23 - $27 an
hour based on experience level. You also will receive a $2/hour
shift differental for being in float pool/traveling to all clinics
as necessary.General Summary:This role requires the incumbent to
float throughout the North Bay to any MarinHealth Clinic Specialty.
Clinics span from Sausalito to Santa Rosa.The Medical Assistant,
under the supervision of the Clinical Lead and Practice Manager, is
responsible for assisting in the delivery of healthcare and patient
care management. This role assists the providers within scope of
practice to provide quality patient care. This includes gathering
patient information, assessing patient requests, obtaining and
monitoring patient vitals, assisting with procedures and
re-processing instruments. The Medical Assistant must have the
ability to float to designated locations as assigned within Marin
and Sonoma counties.Qualifications:Education:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Medical Assistant certificate required. Will consider 5+ years
of recent continuous experience in lieu of certificate
- BLS Certification (American Heart Association)
- At least one year of related medical assisting experience in a
physician's office or other clinical setting, or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Re-processing/ procedural experience highly preferred.Essential
Functions and Responsibilities:Direct patient care:
- Rooming patients, including obtaining vital signs, obtaining
reason for visit, and documenting symptoms their frequency, and
- Documents all required information in electronic medical
- Provide injections and immunizations as ordered by the
- Provide assistance during medical procedures.
- Obtain all patient information required to meet regulatory
- Track the receipt of all results for all ordered tests.
- Ability to perform POCT as well as all quality
controls.Communication and correspondence including lab results,
prescription management, and referrals:
- Use electronic medical records and work off "task lists" to
complete patient visits or requests.
- Provides patients with accurate information when answering
questions and concerns.
- Maintains patient records and protects patient
- Complete referrals accurately and appropriately.Maintain
patient areas and supplies:
- Disinfects exam rooms between patients and all patient areas at
end of the day.
- Assist with clinic upkeep, including daily cleaning and supply
- Perform reprocessing of scopes and or probes after completion
of competency in specialty clinics.
- Perform all steps related to sterilization of instruments and
use of autoclave.General:
- Remains calm and effective in an emergency or in high pressure
- Collaborate with team members on various ongoing projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Comply with all OSHA and safety regulations.Behavioral
Standards:We have adopted the following standards of behavior in
addition to the job responsibilities listed above so we can create
and maintain an optimal workplace environment. Your application for
this position assumes you agree with and can maintain the following
- Exceptional customer service
- Professionalism on the phone, in person, and with each
- Respectful communication with patients, vendors, volunteers,
- Effective teamwork
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- A positive attitude
- A good sense of humor and fun in the workplace
- Support of each other the patients and the practice
Keywords: MarinHealth Medical Network, Novato , Medical Assistant - New Grads Welcome!, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!