Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
Company: Marinhealth Medical Center
Posted on: January 13, 2022
ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF AffiliateCome and be a part of our
healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3%
of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides
since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin
Countys only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range
of essential health care services, it is our missionand our
passionto excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest
physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both
worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic
medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an
independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team
that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure
that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Our
Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and
certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San
Francisco Bay Area. WHAT WE OFFERMarinHealth offers a generous
suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich
health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription
plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health &
fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier
lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer
journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b)
contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life
insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start
accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and
considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing
place at MarinHealth. External hires must pass a background check
and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and
any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision, and in collaboration with the
physician staff, the Nurse Practitioner performs physical
examinations and treats common episodic and chronic health care
problems with an emphasis on health maintenance and disease
prevention through education and counseling of
patients.COMPENSATION: We have an excellent benefits package, such
as medical/vision/dental insurance, generous PTO and paid holiday,
401(k) with company match, and more!EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three years of professional nurse practitioner
experience in a clinic setting.EDUCATION:
- BSN required; MSN preferred.
- Successful completion of advanced practitioner training and
certification as a practitioner (general or specialized) from an
approved nurse practitioner program.LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Registered Nurse, as defined by the California Board of
Registered Nursing and completion from a college or
university-based Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current CPR Certification
- Current BRN License with proof of Nurse Practitioner
- Current Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License and verification
of experience to furnish (if applicable)RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through
patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting
illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation,
and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other
screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including
consultation with physicians and other clinicians, for evaluation
of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic
plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by
prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance
with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Instructs
patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates
patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends
appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs.
Communicates appropriate case management information to other
professionals and community agencies. Prepares documentation for
EMR including updating patient records by posting examination and
test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education,
clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and
quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with
standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Acts as
consultant/collaborator to clinical team on area of specialty.
Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term
medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of
care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging
- Perform all other duties as required or
- Elicits and documents a complete health history.
- Performs and documents a complete physical examination.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Assesses patients perception of their health status, personal
strengths, and support systems as well as patient problems that
include psycho-social, physical, environmental, economic, and
- Identifies patients and families at risk for specific health
- Formulates diagnoses based on health history, physical
examination, and diagnostic tests.Planning
- Formulates and documents health care plans with patients and
their families which include treatment, health maintenance
education, and counseling.
- Establishes, reviews, and documents short and long-term goals
in collaboration with each patient.
- Plans comprehensive patient care with other health care
- Demonstrates ability to provide appropriate care based on needs
of a specific individual, including that individuals age.
- Institutes treatment plans based on assessments and
interpretations of diagnostic tests and physical findings.
- Counsels patients according to their individual motivation and
- Provides telephone advice and triage of acute and unscheduled
- Documents all pertinent data and interventions in the patients
- Provides refills for routine medications.
- Institutes appropriate action when reviewing abnormal lab data
and diagnostic tests.
- Consults with other providers, as indicated.Evaluation
- Evaluates the patients understanding of and compliance with
health care plan by regular follow-up and reassessment.
- Re-evaluates short and long-term goals with patients and
participating health professionals.Education:Patient and
- Identifies the learning needs of the patients and family
- Assesses the patients readiness to learn.
- Provides individualized health education.
- Develops teaching goals and objectives that meet the patients
and family health care needs.Staff
- Functions as a clinical resource
- Functions as the health care provider for a specified group of
- Coordinates patient care activities and health care planning
among multiple providers, patients, and their families.
- Communicates and consults with family, staff and unit personnel
prior to and during the patients hospitalization. May also
participate in discharge planning when appropriate.
- Promotes ongoing communication with community agencies to
facilitate continuity of patient care. Advocacy:
- Promotes the participation of patients and families in planning
- Assists patients in obtaining information necessary to make an
informed decision and supports patients in the decision making
- Informs patients of the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Provides referrals to community resources when appropriate.
- Evaluates the quality of patient care through involvement in
and planning of quality assurance programs.
- Participates in yearly performance evaluation and review of job
description, and seeks resources to improve professional
- Assists the Practice Manager in evaluating the performance of
- Complies with MarinHealth policies and procedure for infection
control, safety, administrative, and clinical practice. MarinHealth
requires all Advanced Practice Practitioners (APPs) to be
credentialed through both an employment and an allied health
professional process. APPs must obtain clinical privileges through
the medical staff prior to functioning in a clinical role. This
applies to both adult and pediatric APPs in the inpatient and
outpatient clinical settings at all MarinHealth Hospital, Network,
and Affiliates. Credentialing, health plan enrollment, and approval
of privileges must be completed prior to the first working day.
Privilege designation is contingent on successful review through
Medical Executive Committee and Payor Credentials. This process can
take 90 or more days.by Jobble
Keywords: Marinhealth Medical Center, Novato , Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!