Employee Health Nurse
Company: MarinHealth Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate:MarinHealth Medical Network
is a medical foundation representing the physicians, their care
teams and office staff, who previously operated under Prima Medical
Foundation or the Marin Healthcare District. With a network of
clinics across many different medical specialties throughout Marin
and Southern Sonoma County, MarinHealth Medical Network functions
as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in
knowing that we aren't just making a living; we're making a
positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Come and join us in touching and transforming lives every
day!External hires must pass a background check and medical screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records
will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with
federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability status and any other
classifications protected by federal, state & local laws. JOB
SUMMARY: In collaboration with the MHMC Infection Prevention Team
ensure Infection Prevention Practice for the MarinHealth Medical
Network. Coordinates hospital and network activities directed
toward the surveillance, prevention and control of infection to
minimize the risk of acquiring new infection for patients, staff,
and community. Maintains compliance with standards and regulations
pertaining to infection control of accrediting and governing
authorities. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:EDUCATIONOne required and / or
ability to obtain within assigned timeframe:Master's Degree in
Public Health (MPH)Master's Degree of Science in Infectious
Diseases or MicrobiologyRN with an MSN and CIC certification
EXPERIENCETwo (2) years of recent experience in infection
prevention and control within the past five (5) years preferred.Two
(2) years' experience in the acute care or ambulatory clinic
settings. PREREQUISITE SKILLS:Required
- Understands basic medical microbiology and the mechanisms for
the transmission of infection.
- Understands isolation precautions for infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of surveillance pertaining to surgical site
infections, central line associated blood stream infections,
catheter associated urinary tract infections, ventilator associated
events, C. diff hospital onset infections, and VRE/MRSA bloodstream
infections, community and hospital onset.
- Understands emerging infectious diseases and emergency
management as it pertains to infection prevention and control.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all leadership in the
Network and Hospital acute care, outpatient settings on education,
hand hygiene, and infection prevention and control practices.
- Understanding of adult learning theory, management theory and
project or change implementation.
- Knowledge of the overall organization, departmental priorities,
performance improvement, risk management and methods of cost
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, and lead special
- Ability to create reports, and review or revise policies and
procedures based on current scientific evidence and/or best
- Ability to effectively turn data into information needing to be
presented to varying audiences.
- Skills in data management, collecting, analyzing, and
presenting data to groups and individuals.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, CalOSHA, and
Title 22 regulations: specifically related to infection control,
sharps safety, blood borne pathogens, management of medical waste,
COVID-19, and PPE.
- Experience working with EVS on issues related to cleaning
procedures, cleaning products, laundry facilities, education,
training, and audits.
- Experience working with the Safety department on emergency
- Ability to be innovative and create new processes/programs
within the department to address HAI prevention.
- Ability to effectively interpret CDC, CDPH, and Marin County
Department of Health and Human Services guidance on infectious
diseases, including rapid changes pertaining to COVID-19.
- Comfortable and confident presenting to large groups on
infection prevention and control issues, including interpreting
data, and new guidance.
- Experience with and confidence in delegating to the infection
prevention and control team to fully support the department.
- Certification in Infection Control Required.
- If Registered Nurse - must hold current California Registered
Keywords: MarinHealth Medical Center, Novato , Employee Health Nurse, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!