Shift Lead RN - Intensive Care Unit
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for a Shift Lead Registered Nurse for the
Intensive Care Unit at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
Responsible for coordinating planned care with available staff,
implementing the plan, and evaluating the care delivered to
assigned patients. Responsible for the direction, assignment,
coordination, evaluation and supervision of patient care on a
specified unit. Identifies and solves patient related problems.
Contributes to self-development and unit leadership by teaching and
supervising co-workers. Performs all work under minimal
- Meets all expectations of RN II position description.
- Provides expert clinical resource in area of
- Prepares patient care assignments commensurate with the
qualifications and skills of each staff member and integrates the
prescribed medical regimen with the assignment.
- Collaborates with the team to move patients to the appropriate
level of care.
- Performs and/or participates in employee performance
evaluations. Completes evaluations in a timely manner, as per
medical center policy. Communicates staff performance information
to Nurse Manager. Counsels staff as needed. Participates in
self-appraisal performance review and peer review, including goal
setting for the assurance of competence and professional
- Maintains and monitors daily productivity based on patient and
unit needs and acuities. Plans for staffing needs of oncoming
- Collaborates and cooperates with teaching and supervision of
new employees, relief charge nurses, and students on the unit.
- Has access to and administers and/or handles medications
according to this position's license or certification standards and
medical center policy.
- Advocate for resources including fiscal and technology
resources to support unit and division goals.
- Seeks opportunities to participate in the evaluation of new
technology, information system, architectural or space designs to
support professional practice.
- Actively participates in organizational decision making groups
such as committees, counsels, or task forces.
- Recognizes and makes visible the contributions of peers.
- Participates in data collection, data tracking and analysis for
research/studies as directed (Collects patient data for research,
- ICU, 601000: Ensure central monitors are observed and alarms
are audible and responded to throughout shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to think critically.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to give constructive feedback, teach patients and
family members, supervise and team with others.
- Demonstrates and models professionalism, critical
thinking/judgment, and partnership in all interactions.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 1 year relevant RN experience in a clinical
- Current California RN license.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- ICU, 601000: ACLS certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience: Leadership/supervisory experience.
- Specialty certification related to practice.
- ICU, 601000:
- PALS and/or NRP certification.
For 50 years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has been the
premiere medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long history of
providing high quality and caring service is founded on four core
values: Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity.
These central principles inspire us to reach out to those in need
and to help heal the whole person-mind, body and spirit.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center combines the region's most
qualified physicians and staff with the most advanced technology
available. Because we have such high standards of care, our
programs have been recognized regionally and nationally for their
demonstrated success of outcome and care which is par with
Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Queen of the Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Company: Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: R343479
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Novato , Shift Lead RN - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!