Registered Dental Assistant - $1,000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Marin Community Clinics
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview:At Marin Community Clinics we are a "family helping
other families in the community" and we are always striving to be
better for the people and the community we serve. As a Federally
Qualified Health Center, we serve patients from all walks of life.
No one is turned away and charges are based on each individual's
ability to pay.
Marin Community Clinics is looking for a Registered Dental
Assistant to join our team.
The Registered Dental Assistant supports MCC's Dental Clinics with
a wide range of Dental Assisting duties. The RDA supports Dentists
at all times and focuses on delivering excellent customer service
to our patients.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday from 8:00am -
Salary Range and Shift Differential
- Salary for this position is dependent on education, license,
certification and years of experience.
Evening and weekend shifts (4 hours) with direct patient contact,
include a 10% pay differential in addition to regular pay. Evening
differential is paid only for completed 4 hour shifts that begin
after 4:00pm.Benefits Program
Our mission informs our approach to your benefits program. Our
benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way
of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes
affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts
(HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing
Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness,
Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and
Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement,
Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes
Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays,
Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to practice with
excellent customer services.
- Escort patients to treatment room, seat patients and have
proper set-up for procedure ready.
- Assist patients with comfortable level.
- Verify patients chart and update health information as
necessary during patient arrival and at end of appointment.
- Inform Dentist when patient is ready for treatment.
- Ensure proper treatment notes are accurately recorded in
patients. Electronic Health Records Dentrix chart.
- Performs Coronal polish.
- Conduct pre-patient staff meeting in the morning each day.
- Check patient schedules daily for accuracy and post in all
- Check lab daily for necessary equipment to treat patients.
- Check operatories for necessary armaments for patient visits
and prepare next day supplies.
- Provide oral hygiene instruction and nutritional counseling to
- Monitor supplies inventory and requests supplies as needed and
stock treatment rooms at all times.
- Comply with all OSHA, Dental Board and MCC.
- Prepare dental units for Dentist, stock units and ensure that
units are clean at all times.
- Oversee cleanliness of treatment room according to
- Disinfect treatment rooms according to OSHA regulations.
- Sterilize all instruments and headpieces according to OSHA
- Provide maintenance on autoclave machines.
- Provide weekly maintenance for water lines and changing traps
- Organize trays, instruments and treatment room drawers at all
- Ensure that office sterilization procedures are documented and
posted at all times.
- Promptly send out and monitor all dental laboratory cases.
- Implement a preventative maintenance/cleaning schedule for
- Maintain dental office emergency kits and nitrous oxygen
- Follow laboratory procedures according to office
- Use appropriate electronic charting techniques for maintaining
and updating dental records.
- Track cases and referral to and from other doctors.
- See that records are stored securely per HIPPA guidelines.
- Assist in the administration of the recall system.
- In charge of entering patient insurance information and posting
fees on computer for all completed procedures.
- Ensures RDA license remains active through continued
- All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
and boosted as a condition of employment, subject to limited
exemptions. New Employees are required to provide proof of being
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the first day of employment.
Exemptions to this requirement will be considered for those
requesting an exemption on medical, disability, or religious
- Current CA State RDA License.
- Dental X-Ray License.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Bilingual (Spanish /English) desired, but not required.
- Dentrix Electronic Health Records software experience a plus
but not required.
- 1-2 years Registered Dental Assistant experience
- Ability to work in fast paced Community Health Clinic
- Intermediate computer use experience, including MS Office/MS
- Ability to multitask and follow directions.
- Must be able to assist the dentist with nitrous oxide sedation
and patient management.
- Ability to explain treatment plans to patients
- Must be able to remain focused at all time to properly support
- May be required to occasionally lift at least 25-30.
- Must have legible handwriting for notations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with children.MCC is an equal opportunity
employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make
employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability,
military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, and local laws and ordinances.
Keywords: Marin Community Clinics, Novato , Registered Dental Assistant - $1,000 Hiring Bonus, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!