Registered Dental Hygienist
Company: Marin Community Clinics
Posted on: June 19, 2022
At Marin Community Clinics we are a "family helping other
families in the community" and we are always striving to be better
for the people and the community we serve. As a Federally Qualified
Health Center, we serve patients from all walks of life. No one is
turned away and charges are based on each individual's ability to
pay.Marin Community Clinics is looking for a Registered Dental
Hygienist to join our team.The Registered Dental Hygienist supports
MCC's Dental Clinics with a wide range of duties, and supports the
Dentists at all times and focuses on delivering excellent customer
service to our patients.BenefitsOur mission informs our approach to
your benefits program. Our benefits program is designed to protect
your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive
Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and
Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance,
Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan
Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and
AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits,
Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone
Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee
Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration,
Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.Salary Range and Shift
- Salary for this position is dependent on education, license,
certification and years of experience. Evening and weekend shifts
(4 hours) with direct patient contact, include a 10% pay
differential in addition to regular pay. Evening differential is
paid only for completed 4 hour shifts that begin after 4:00pm.
- Performs patient screening procedures; such as assessment of
oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer
screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking
blood pressure and pulse.
- Takes digital x-rays.
- Removes calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all
surfaces of the teeth.
- Applies preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and
- Educates patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to
maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and
- Counsels patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral
- Makes impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of
teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs).
- Performs documentation and office management activities.
- Assists the lead RDA with any of the RDA's allowable duties
- Assists the management team as-needed.
- Treats both the adult & pediatric population.
- Collaborates with the dental team with different functions in
addition to the dental hygiene duties, including but not limited
to, those of a dental assistant, (i.e. four-handed dentistry), and
other assiting tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Must hold an active California Registered Dental Hygienist
license and CPR.
- Strong communication ability verbally and written in
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Proficient in taking digital x-rays.
- Dexis or Dentrix software knowledge a plus.
- Proactive, self-motivated and ability to work in fast paced
dental clinic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented and willing to work in underserved community
- Willingness to perform RDA duties depending on operational
- All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
and boosted as a condition of employment, subject to limited
exemptions. New Employees are required to provide proof of being
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the first day of employment.
Exemptions to this requirement will be considered for those
requesting an exemption on medical, disability, or religious
grounds.MCC is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically
accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without
regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital
status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and
ordinances.Employment Type: Full TimeYears Experience: 3 - 5
Keywords: Marin Community Clinics, Novato , Registered Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!