Hospice Chaplain / Spiritual Care Counselor
Company: Anchor Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Anchor Health -
Are you looking for a work place where you can make a genuine
Anchor Health is committed to the communities of which we serve,
the patients and families we have the honor of caring for and the
employees who have chosen us as their work family.
The Chaplain is responsible for the provision of spiritual care
services to patients and families/caregivers of Anchor Health LLC,
either directly or through coordination of care with other
1. Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers
in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a
2. Facilitates the development of the individualized the plan of
care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet
identified spiritual needs.
3. Provides direct spiritual care to patients and
4. Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and
5. Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and
related activities for quality assurance, program development, and
policies and procedures review and revision.
6. Documents direct services and ongoing communication with
community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
7. Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group
meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
8. Provides consultation, education, and support to the
interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
9. Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and
spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and
family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and
offering education through congregations about hospice care.
10. Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as
11. Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of
personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors
working with the hospice team.
12. Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when
assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
13. Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
14. Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities
1. Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (BD, MDiv
or equivalent theological degree). Experience working with death
and dying, individuals/family/caregiver.
2. Ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
3. Comfort in an interfaith setting.
4. Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and
5. Ability to network with community clergy and congregations.
6. Knowlegde of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
7. Hospice experience preferred.
8. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company
Paid Time Off
Keywords: Anchor Health, Novato , Hospice Chaplain / Spiritual Care Counselor, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!