Radiologic Technologist IV- Inventional Radiology
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Under the direction of the Imaging Services Director and Chief
of Diagnostic Imaging, performs radiographic diagnostic imaging
procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and
injuries. Operates the radiographic equipment to produce
radiographic recorded images of the body. Performs technological
functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care
utilizing efficient and safe processes. -Essential
- Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains
procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of
specified area of body requested by physician.
- Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of
body involved, and degree on penetration required. Moves imaging
equipment into specified position.
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce
images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room,
emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Assists radiologists and other qualified physicians who have a
valid CA DHS RHB Supervisor Operator Permit for Fluoroscopy in
fluoroscopic and special x-ray examinations.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes
minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation
to patient and staff. Completes forms and maintains records, logs,
and reports of work performed.
- Orients new hires and trains students.
- Fills in as necessary in the absence of the Supervising
- Performs other related duties as necessary. -
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. -Grade 817Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Specialty IR
(Inventional Radiology) OR one year of experience in a Specialty
with an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Certification in that Specialty.Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- California State Fluoroscopy Permit, California Certified
Radiologic Technologist License (CRT) California Venipuncture
- California Mammography Certificate, when required for the
- BLS required. -Additional Requirements:
- ACLS - When required for the position.
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine
fluoroscopic duties on patients of all ages as determined by the
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions,
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and
groups with varying knowledge of Radiology services.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Radiologic Technologist Career Ladder Agreement (1) Radiologic
Technologists without Venipuncture Certification - Working in a
Modality where Venipuncture is NOT performed.
- Radiologic Technologists working on or before October 05 at
Kaiser Permanente WITHOUT California Venipuncture Certification in
a Modality where it is NOT performed as part of their work
assignment will not be required to obtain it.
- For promotions, transfers or training in a Specialty that
requires Venipuncture, the Technologist must obtain CA Venipuncture
certification on or before the date of application.
- The employer will provide the Technologist with educational
opportunities in order to pass the California permit test at the
Technologist's request. -Preferred Qualifications:
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Imaging & Radiology
Keywords: Kaiser, Novato , Radiologic Technologist IV- Inventional Radiology, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!