Front Office Coordinator, Internal Medicine Clinic (Greenbrae), Full Time, Days
Posted on: November 14, 2023
About MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate:
MarinHealth Medical Network is a medical foundation representing
the physicians, their care teams and office staff, who previously
operated under Prima Medical Foundation or the Marin Healthcare
District. With a network of clinics across many different medical
specialties throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County,
MarinHealth Medical Network functions as an extended family of
healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren't just
making a living; we're making a positive impact on the health of
our patients and their families. Come and join us in touching and
transforming lives every day!
External hires are subject to a background check and pre-employment
medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with Federal, State and local laws. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or
disability status and any other classification protected by
Federal, State and local laws.
The front office coordinator is essential to establishing an
excellent patient experience. We are looking for a dependable and
motivated team player with good interpersonal skills and a
professional attitude to join our team. Because of the very high
level of care we achieve, the demands on the front desk are
extremely high. We require a lively, enthusiastic person who is
creative and able to provide personalized care in our busy office.
This position will primarily work in the front office. Solid
administrative experience, good customer service and a mature, calm
demeanor are essential skills for this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephones, triages calls, takes messages, and provides
- Provides support services to patients and medical staff.
Schedules appointments and admissions as required.
- Prepares patient charts and other office documents. Scans and
sorts documents into Electronic Health Record.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Maintains files. Assists in updating office systems.
- Inventories office supplies. Assists in the care and
maintenance of office equipment.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
Relays necessary messages to staff and doctors.
- Answers questions regarding patient appointments,
prescriptions, and testing.
- Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant, and
helpful manner. Verifies necessary information and updates patient
- Assembles patient's paperwork and forms for visits.
- Requests referrals and authorizations as needed. When
- Logs payments and balances receipts. Ensures copays are
balanced and reports are properly produced
- Oversees reception area, coordinates patient movement, and
reports problems of irregularities.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Adheres to "Best Practices" as introduced by the company and or
- Performs other related work as assigned or required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, and make any change accurately.
- Skill in operating a computer, fax, and copy machine.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, employees, and doctors.
-Minimum High school diploma, GED or equivalent.Completion of
business school or related training, including computer courses
- One (1) years of progressive responsibility and directly
related work experience
- Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical
records: Use of EPIC software a plus
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish desired
We have adopted the following standards of behavior in addition to
the job responsibilities listed above so we can create and maintain
an optimal workplace environment. Your application for this
position assumes you agree with and can maintain the following
- Exceptional customer service
- Professionalism on the phone, in person, and with each
- Respectful communication with patients, vendors, volunteers,
- Effective teamwork
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- A positive attitude
- A good sense of humor and fun in the workplace
- Support of each other the patients and the practice
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our
employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth
requires employees to receive all required immunizations,
including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine +
booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as
required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for
limited and specific situations.
Keywords: MarinHealth, Novato , Front Office Coordinator, Internal Medicine Clinic (Greenbrae), Full Time, Days, Healthcare , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!