Meat & Seafood Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager)
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of Multi-Team and
department daily operations including profitability, expense
control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and
special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All
Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company
image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to
customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be
performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating
Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to
perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions.
All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals,
promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and
ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the
* Follows through on customer questions and requests, resolving
concerns as needed.
* Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, margin, expense, and
* Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and labor.
* Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops / maintains
awareness of new products.
* Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
* Functions as point person and departmental person-in-charge in
absence of Team Leader.
* Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
* Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
* Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team
Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds
promptly to customer needs and questions.
* Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team
Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
* Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security
* Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
* Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our
products, core values, and company philosophy.
* Extensive knowledge of supported department(s) products.
* Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
* Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
* Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
* Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
* Thorough product knowledge.
* Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
* Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
* Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
* Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related
Desired Work Experiences
* 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel
carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary
of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as
an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties
or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Novato , Meat & Seafood Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager), Hospitality & Tourism , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!