Human Resources Generalist
Company: Marin Community Clinics
Posted on: January 25, 2023
OverviewThe HR Generalist performs a wide range of tasks
required to administer and execute human resources programs
including but not limited to employee onboarding, compensation,
benefits, leave and workers compensation administration, training,
records management, compliance, disciplinary matters, disputes and
investigations, performance and talent management, recognition and
retention. - The HR Generalist provides support to employees and
managers and utilizes our HR services application. - This role will
be knowledgeable in all aspects of HR operations and will
specialize in one or more HR programs. -Reporting to the HR
Director, The HR Generalists works closely with the HR team and
provides professional service and support to all levels and across
the organization. -Covid-19 Vaccination and Boosters Requirements:
- All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19,
including "health-care" required boosters as a condition of
employment, subject to limited exemptions. New employees are
required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19
and boosted before the first day of employment. If you completed
your primary series, received an original booster and it has been
more than 2 months from that booster dose - it is recommended, but
not required that you receive the Bivalent booster.
- Participate in the development of and provide support and
guidance for HR policies and procedures for MCC management and
- Responds promptly to incoming employee questions and provides
answers to common questions on process, policies and benefits.
Seeks guidance and escalates inquires as appropriate.
- Upholds MCC values and provides guidance and direction to
ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees.
Consults with supervisors to ensure the consistent application of
and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Maintain HRIS Database for employees, contractors, and
volunteers in ADP including entering of new hires, changes in
status, and terminations; running audit reports; and correcting
data entry issues.
- Prepare HR reports on turnover, employee roosters, and benefit
enrollment, workers compensation claim status, training compliance,
and immunization and screening requirements.
- Prepares for and conduct effective new employee orientations
and training that creates a positive new hire experience and
ensures employees have the necessary information and
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations,
applicable employment law.
- Administers Workers Compensation including fining claims,
providing status updates, addressing accommodations and return to
work dates with employees. Maintains OSHA logs and completes OSHA
- Administers employee leaves of absence in accordance with
Federal and State requirements. Assist employees, obtain
documentation, and provide tracking and reporting.
- Performs Benefit Plan Administration including enrollment,
changes, termination of benefits in accordance with procedures and
plan document requirements, may reconcile billing, and, resolve
benefit access issues.
- Support communication and utilization of performance management
tools & processes and compensation & rewards programs.
- Maintain employee records in accordance with Federal and State
law as well within Health and Resource Services Administration
(HRSA) requirements for compliance.
- Prepare employee correspondence: separation notices,
verification of employment, and related documentation. Upload and
file documentation in accordance with procedures.
- This position will require periodic travel between clinic
locations (example: Larkspur, San Rafael, and Novato).
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certified preferred.
- At least 2 years of Human Resources related experience.
- Experience with HR system software, ADP experience
- Strong Microsoft Office experience including Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit good
judgement in decision-making.
- Able to establish and maintain professional boundaries and
positive working relationships.
- Possess an employee service mindset with strong interpersonal
- Strong communication skills in English, verbally and written.
Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Able to prioritize effectively, ensure accuracy and demonstrate
solid organizational skills.Our benefits program is designed to
protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive
Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and
Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance,
Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan
Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and
AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits,
Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone
Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee
Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration,
Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits. -MCC is an equal
opportunity employer. - We enthusiastically accept our
responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race,
religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical
condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and
related medical conditions, or any other classification protected
by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. - -
Keywords: Marin Community Clinics, Novato , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!