Company: Cloud Chamber
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our
global Gameplay team. In this role you will have ownership over a
large part of our Player Systems. You will work collaboratively
with members of the Design, Animation, Audio, and Art departments
to build and iterate on systems such as Weapons, Player Powers, and
Core Interaction. During this process you will constantly have the
opportunity to elevate, problem solve, and steer these ideas as
- Work across multiple systems, contributing significantly to
their development at many levels from prototyping to polish.
- Collaborate closely with senior staff to plan and dependency
check the development roadmap.
- Likely take ownership of a small handful of systems.
- Work closely and constructively with design and art teams to
realize creative ambitions.
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 to quickly prototype ideas and to
build new features into existing AI and Gameplay systems.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep
current on technological developments and advancements in the game
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and
generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Skills, Experience And Qualifications
We think you will be a great fit if you have a passion for
collaborating with people in different disciplines to develop
interesting gameplay experiences. We hope that you will combine
strong math skills with design sensibilities so that you can help
deliver high-quality and fun-to-play systems. At Cloud Chamber we
strive to delegate creative ownership of tasks and features to
small, interdisciplinary pods. We hope to find someone that can
collaborate on technical direction and help drive features through
prototyping to completion.
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a
strong familiarity with Object-Oriented (OO) design
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines.
- Must have strong 3D Math skills.
We are Cloud Chamber : a collaborative team of inspired minds who
create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and
thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the
makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on
open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to
strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We're currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic
franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and
responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved
game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we'd love
to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Keywords: Cloud Chamber, Novato , Gameplay Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!