Team Member (Barista)
Company: Peet's Coffee & Tea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Peet’s Coffee
Since 1966, our Peetniks have journeyed in the pursuit of better –
a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our
customers. Our goal has been to offer the best coffees in the
world, without compromise. Collectively, we foster a culture based
on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique,
personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision and
mission. Our coffeebar Peetniks are passionate about our customers,
our coffee and our culture. It takes talent and dedication from
hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's coffee. Join
Team Member: Core Purpose
The Team Member’s core purpose is to deliver an exceptional
customer experience through quality engagement, friendly, quick and
genuine service and a clean and well-stocked coffeebar. Team
Members contribute to Peet’s culture by being team-oriented,
punctual and reliable and laser-focused on quality and our
In addition to modeling Peet’s culture and values and following
policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Customer Experience:
- Engage with customers by welcoming them, providing warm,
friendly and genuine service, understanding their needs and
thanking them for their visit.
- Brew or prepare drip coffee and teas and food items according
to Peet’s strict freshness and quality standards for
- Maintain a ‘customer-first’ attitude while working with a
strong sense of urgency.
- Actively work to increase customer traffic and sales through
sampling, product suggestions and other initiatives as directed by
- Keep a professional overall presentation, by modelling
friendly, respectful and business-appropriate communication with
coworkers and customers and by maintaining a clean and well-groomed
- Daily Operations:
- Maintain a meticulously clean and tidy coffeebar environment
through regular cleaning, stocking and organizing.
- Follow all food and safety standards.
- Accurately follow all cash handling guidelines and protect
- Key Competencies:
- Focus on Customers: Build strong relationships with customers,
anticipate their needs and provide service that exceeds their
- Commit to Learning: Actively seek to grow and develop new
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. Job responsibilities can change according to the
operational needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a
passion for great customer service with a customer-first
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning
more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great
relationships with their coworkers.
- Have the ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new
information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal
- Perform various physical tasks during a work
- Possess the interest and ability to promote into the Barista
position by passing all required certifications and trainings
within three months of their start date.
Keywords: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Novato , Team Member (Barista), Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!