Social Worker Clinical
Company: Sutter Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Medical Social Work Associate (MSW) provides crisis
intervention, information, referrals, and discharge planning for
patients and their families, ranging in age from infancy to
geriatrics. Serves as an expert and liaison to community resources.
Provides coordination of complex discharge planning needs and
referrals to appropriate support services. Achieves a timely,
effective, coordinated discharge plan by involving other members of
the health care team. Works closely with Clinical Reviewers to
achieve the highest quality care and service and the best possible
outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
- Masters degree (MSW) from accredited school of social work
- Current licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
in the State of California preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in a Health Care setting and
one year acute care hospital experience required
- Previous experience in Discharge Planning preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong clinical psychosocial skills with ability to
conceptualize clinical situations and demonstrate application of
theory appropriate to specific age groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of individual, child and family
development, human behavior and communication, discharge planning
and the influence of culture and values in social
- Ability to plan and implement an effective discharge plan for
patients and families.
- Knowledge of Medicare , MediCal , State and Federal
regulations.Knowledge of child, elder, domestic and dependent abuse
- Knowledge of Community resources and hospital contracts
- Knowledge of Hospital Policy and Procedures
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work under the supervision of the Supervisor of
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills
- T ime management skills
Keywords: Sutter Healthcare, Novato , Social Worker Clinical, Other , novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!