Senior Technical Animator - Gameplay
Posted on: June 1, 2021
JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Animator
LOCATION: Novato, Ca
REPORTS TO: Lead Technical Animator
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Technical Animator who is adept at
problem solving, and enthusiastic about working with the unique
challenges and opportunities presented by proprietary tech.
Candidates should be comfortable developing expandable pipelines,
as well as implementing ad hoc fixes that are needed for rapid
games animation prototyping. They should also be comfortable
adapting to novel animation systems and be able to aid in the
implementation of new animation technology. Most importantly, we
are looking for someone that is responsive, self-initiating, and
works well with others.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to establish, refine, and
optimize animation pipelines and procedures.
- Create Animation and Art tools for artists and animators, using
relevant scripting languages such as Python.
- Work with all aspects of the animation export and
- Work with animators to resolve any roadblocks to their
- Work with TDs to integrate final and intermediate rigs in
- Manage online Animation databases, including cleaning up of
obsolete data and optimizing workflow.
- Communicate with Design and Engineering to better anticipate
and advise on animation related technical issues.
- Help generate and set up assets needed for the game's animation
systems. This includes overlays, mirror tables, and character
templates, as well as designing animation system flow through
- Create visual scripts for world interactions.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Motionbuilder, or similar 3D
- Experience with building animation systems such as Animation
Blueprints, Mecanim, Morpheme, or comparable systems.
- Experience managing and updating animation pipeline tools.
- 5+ years' experience working in the games industry with a focus
on animation game systems.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate
across multiple locations effectively.
- Comfortable with industry standard scripting language such as
Python MEL script, LUA, etc.
- Familiar with Havok and or FBX SDK.
Nice to haves:
- 1-3 Shipped AAA games.
- Degree in Computer Animation, Computer Science, or related
- Comfortable with version control software, particularly
- Familiar with asset/ Task tracking clients like JIRA and
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the
award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry
veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have
collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of
genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds
are wildly different, one thing binds us all together - the belief
that "Every Player's Story is Unique."
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California),
Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games
as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity
to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes
south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13's Novato location has
found its home within 2K's headquarters in Northern California.
Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air
Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team
within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and
explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the
gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional
setting conducive to Hangar 13's inclusive and creatively diverse
work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access
to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets,
great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite
amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored
food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized
fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations
and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a
15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com
and hangar13games.com accounts.
Keywords: 2K, Novato , Senior Technical Animator - Gameplay, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!