In Vitro Research Associate II/Scientist- Campisi and Melov labs
Company: Buck Institute
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are seeking a highly motivated in vitro Research Associate
II/Scientist to help drive a project focused on the links between
senescence and aging. The successful candidate will execute in
vitro experiments aimed at characterizing a novel therapeutic
target for age-related diseases to support mechanism-based drug
development. This individual must be well-organized and team
oriented. The work is being funded by an external partner. This
project requires a full-time (40 hr/wk) commitment.
- Provide in vitro technical support that contributes to the
timely completion and success of research projects.
- Suggest experimental design and research strategy demonstrating
technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as real-time PCR,
western blot, ELISA, sterile tissue culture, and IHC.
- Develop and apply 3D organoid techniques
- Analyze and present results of work in group meetings.
- Communicate and collaborate with members of project teams in
the execution of laboratory experimentation.
- Carefully and thoroughly document all procedures performed and
- Write and follow research protocols.
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- PhD (preferred) or MS in Biology/related field with equivalent
- Strong background in use of in vitro techniques for disease
- 3+ years experience working in a laboratory setting
- Extensive experience with 3D organoid development and
- Extensive cell culture experience desired, including techniques
for inhibiting gene expression in culture.
- Ability to stay current with the scientific literature and
state of the art, as well as interpret literature results in light
of new findings
- Independence in problem solving and advancement of scientific
projects toward common team goals
- Troubleshooting new areas of the organoid development while
maintaining simultaneous work progress.
- Ability and willingness to learn single cell analysis
techniques (fluency in R is desirable)
- Independent worker and team player
- Background in bioinformatics is preferred
- Working knowledge of animal husbandry procedures sufficient to
care for lab animals in an experimental environment and perform in
vivo studies is preferred but not required
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we
aim to end the threat of age related diseases for this and future
generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate
scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede
the ways in which we age. We are an independent, nonprofit
institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of
increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally
recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging-the
number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer's,
Parkinson's, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and
diabetes-the Buck seeks to help people live better longer
LIVING BETTER LONGER TOGETHER
Buck Institute for Research on Aging is an equal opportunity
employer. Buck Institute seeks candidates whose experience and
qualifications will enable them to contribute to our dedication to
diversity and excellence. We are committed to building an
organization that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives
and skills. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring
in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex,
gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages
spoken, veteran's status, color, religion, disability, sexual
orientation and beliefs.
- Exciting, dynamic work environment at the forefront of science
using state-of-the-art techniques
- Competitive (academic/non-profit research institute/North Bay)
salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package including health insurance, paid
parental leave, generous PTO and 401(k) with 5% employer match
- Collaborative environment - both for science and social
Interested candidates should click the Apply button to complete
the online application. Please upload both your CV and a document
that includes a brief statement of your interests plus the
names/contact information for 3 references.
Keywords: Buck Institute, Novato , In Vitro Research Associate II/Scientist- Campisi and Melov labs, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!