WHO WE ARE:
MarinHealth Medical Network is a medical foundation representing
the physicians, their care teams and office staff, who previously
operated under Prima Medical Foundation or the Marin Healthcare
District. With a network of clinics across many different medical
specialties throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County,
MarinHealth Medical Network functions as an extended family of
healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren't just
making a living; we're making a positive impact on the health of
our patients and their families. Come and join us in touching and
transforming lives every day!
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records
will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with
federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability status and any other
classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
We have an excellent benefits package, such as
medical/vision/dental insurance, generous PTO and paid holiday,
401(k) with company match, and more!
This role pays $23 - $27 an hour based on experience level. You
also will receive a $2/hour shift differental for being in float
pool/traveling to all clinics as necessary.
This role requires the incumbent to float throughout the North
Bay to any MarinHealth Clinic Specialty. Clinics span from
Sausalito to Santa Rosa.
The Medical Assistant, under the supervision of the Clinical
Lead and Practice Manager, is responsible for assisting in the
delivery of healthcare and patient care management. This role
assists the providers within scope of practice to provide quality
patient care. This includes gathering patient information,
assessing patient requests, obtaining and monitoring patient
vitals, assisting with procedures and re-processing instruments.
The Medical Assistant must have the ability to float to designated
locations as assigned within Marin and Sonoma counties.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Medical Assistant certificate required. Will consider 5+ years
of recent continuous experience in lieu of certificate
- BLS Certification (American Heart Association) required.
- At least one year of related medical assisting experience in a
physician's office or other clinical setting, or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Re-processing/ procedural experience highly preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Direct patient care:
- Rooming patients, including obtaining vital signs, obtaining
reason for visit, and documenting symptoms their frequency, and
- Documents all required information in electronic medical
- Provide injections and immunizations as ordered by the
- Provide assistance during medical procedures.
- Obtain all patient information required to meet regulatory
- Track the receipt of all results for all ordered tests.
- Ability to perform POCT as well as all quality controls.
Communication and correspondence including lab results,
prescription management, and referrals:
- Use electronic medical records and work off "task lists" to
complete patient visits or requests.
- Provides patients with accurate information when answering
questions and concerns.
- Maintains patient records and protects patient
- Complete referrals accurately and appropriately.
Maintain patient areas and supplies:
- Disinfects exam rooms between patients and all patient areas at
end of the day.
- Assist with clinic upkeep, including daily cleaning and supply
- Perform reprocessing of scopes and or probes after completion
of competency in specialty clinics.
- Perform all steps related to sterilization of instruments and
use of autoclave.
- Remains calm and effective in an emergency or in high pressure
- Collaborate with team members on various ongoing projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Comply with all OSHA and safety regulations.
We have adopted the following standards of behavior in addition
to the job responsibilities listed above so we can create and
maintain an optimal workplace environment. Your application for
this position assumes you agree with and can maintain the following
- Exceptional customer service
- Professionalism on the phone, in person, and with each
- Respectful communication with patients, vendors, volunteers,
- Effective teamwork
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- A positive attitude
- A good sense of humor and fun in the workplace
- Support of each other the patients and the practice