Assistant Store Manager - Novato
Company: Pet Food Express
Posted on: June 10, 2021
About Pet Food Express
Pet Food Express is the best place to shop for pet supplies -
and it's all because of the people who work here. Sure, we have
better products and more convenient services. But most importantly,
we offer gold-standard customer service and expert advice for even
the toughest pet problems. Sound like you? Join us.
Our Assistant Managers coach customers through the ins-and-outs
of pet parenthood and lead Sales Associates through the day-to-day
of retail operations. They work closely with field leadership to
ensure every customer has a fun, friendly, and informative shopping
experience and that our employees feel like they matter at
On an average day, Assistant Managers:
- Actively approach and engage with our two-legged and
- Answer customer questions about specific products.
- Use the PFE Whole Life Approach to provide tailored
recommendations that help customers live their best possible lives
with their pets.
- Participate in and lead daily training and continuous
educational programs to enhance your and your team's product
knowledge and sales skills.
- Stay up-to-date about new products and the pet community and
share what you know with your store.
- Lead PFE Sales Associates through store open and close.
- Operate the cash register in a friendly and efficient
- Lead or co-lead unloading of shipments and stocking the store -
this includes lifting heavy bags of dog food. (It's just one part
of the job, but is pretty physical. Make sure this is for
- Clean and maintain the store (leaders lead by example - no one
at PFE gets out of this).
What you'll need:
- We value potential over experience. We hire great people, pay
them well, and train them on what they need to know. If you're
unsure about whether you meet our qualifications, just apply.
- A passion for pets and people.
- Leadership experience required (Retail and/or pet experience is
- Eagerness to learn, drive and lots of ambition. We're growing
at 10% a year, so we need people who can grow with us.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends regularly.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
What you'll love:
- Pay starting at $20.00 with opportunities for growth.
- Senior leaders who care about your passion and
- Formal leadership training.
- Investment in your pet knowledge, you'll never see pets the
- Best employee discount in the industry - extends to you and
your family members.
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay.
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit-sharing, and other great
benefits - even pet insurance!
- Bring your well-behaved dog to work.
- Community volunteer opportunities.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics
protected by applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pet Food Express is a place where everyone can learn and grow.
However you identify and whatever your background, please apply if
this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every
Keywords: Pet Food Express, Novato , Assistant Store Manager - Novato, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!