Research Associate I/II
Company: Planet Pharma
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Seeking a motivated individual to support our early-stage
preclinical programs. This individual will take part in a variety
of research activities with emphasis on nucleic acid-based
therapeutic strategies (including Messenger RNA, siRNA, and
antisense oligonucleotides), against rare disease targets. This
team member will work primarily in the laboratory and will work
with mammalian cell cultures and primary animal tissues to perform
biochemical and cell-based assays to address key scientific
questions. This individual is expected to produce high quality
results across multiple programs, and to communicate scientific
concepts in a highly cross-functional environment.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Provide hands-on experimental support for scientific projects
using techniques involving nucleic acids, proteins and biologics
and cell- based assays
- Assist in the execution of experimental studies and perform
necessary assays for data capture, analysis; and presentation.
Candidate will be required to perform accurate record keeping
- Demonstrate curiosity and creative desire to answer scientific
- Collaborate on different projects where necessary to assist
other functional groups
- Communicate effectively by providing regular verbal and formal
Technical Requirements & Skills:
- BA/BS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related discipline
with at least 1-2 years of hands-on laboratory experience in
academic and/or industrial setting. Individuals with PhD need not
- Experience in mammalian cell culturing (including cell lines
and primary cells) and sterile technique.
- Experience in mammalian cell transfection/transduction
- Experience with immunofluorescence techniques (microscopy or
flow cytometry) in cell lines, primary cells, and/or primary
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques such as
DNA/RNA purification, cloning, and PCR.
- Expertise in immunodetection of proteins using Western Blot
and/or ELISA. Experience with multiplexing platforms such as
MSD/Luminex is desired, but not required.
- Position requires excellent organizational skills and time
management to meet deadlines in a fast-paced organization. Ability
to multitask and work on diverse projects is required.
- Ability to conduct his/her own work independently with minimal
supervision, while actively collaborating with others and
contributing to cross-functional scientific activities.
Keywords: Planet Pharma, Novato , Research Associate I/II, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!