Consumer Loan Department Manager
Company: Bank of Marin
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Bank of Marin, voted by our employees as one of the "Best Places
to Work" in the North Bay Business Journal fourteen years in a row,
is looking for a Consumer Loan Department Manager to lead our
Consumer Lending team at our corporate office in Novato.
The Consumer Loan Department Manager is responsible for the
day-to-day operations, accuracy, and efficiency of the Consumer
Loan Department, and its interaction with other credit departments.
The Consumer Loan Manager must ensure we provide our customers with
the best possible service during the loan approval process. This
individual will oversee the development of consumer lending
policies, programs, and product development in order to obtain the
strategic goals of the Bank.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the department maintains a high level of service to
our customers. This includes providing prompt turnaround in their
loan requests, making sure staff recognizes the importance of
excellent service, and adequate staffing coverage.
- Possess a good working knowledge of every job function within
- Review credit reports, appraisals, trust documents, and loan
- Ability to interpret and understand title policies.
- Knowledge of collection practices.
- Work with Credit Administration to ensure that written policies
and procedures are comprehensive, current, and adhered to by CLC
staff. Recommend change of rates, terms, and structure where
appropriate, based on competitive factors and changes in
- Review denied loan requests for accuracy, compliance, and
possible missed loan opportunities. Ensure maintenance of loan
files with proper documentation of all loan transactions.
- Develop, train, and coach consumer loan staff to ensure a high
level of service within the department. Training includes all new
hires as well as keeping existing staff aware of any new or revised
policies and procedures.
- Support the Bank's sales and service culture. Work with the
Training Manager and Sales Director to ensure that front line
personnel are properly trained to interview applicants and obtain
the necessary financial package.
- Work with Retail Banking in understanding the marketplace and
how changes might impact loan volumes.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance regarding consumer loans.
Ensure that the Consumer Lending Department is in compliance with
federal laws and regulations set forth by regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that staff is sufficiently cross-trained in all areas to
allow for efficient coverage when someone is away from the
- Inventory: Responsible for monitoring existing forms and
supplies as needed.
- Forms: Responsible for the development of any new forms to be
used within the department. These forms must be in compliance and
approved by Credit Administration.
- Vendors: Adequate control should be maintained in regard to
vendors that provide service to our customers and the Consumer Loan
- On an annual basis, responsible for budget preparation process
including expenses such as capital equipment, staffing, supplies,
subscriptions, and any overall departmental expenses.
- Complete monthly statistical reports and submit to
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 10 years related experience and/or training.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
or equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
- Has ability to enforce workplace policies and practices.
- Knows how to prepare a work schedule and assign duties to
operations personnel to ensure efficient operation of the
- Knows how to provide instruction and cross-training on bank
procedures and banking regulations.
- Has the skills to assess and acquire quality talent, evaluate,
develop, and mentor employees, and manage employee performance
(performance appraisals, counseling, coaching and
- Knows how to conduct effective staff meetings and provide
leadership through team building. Understands Personnel Policies
and Procedures including wage and hour laws.
- Strong underwriting skills.
- Complete understanding of all regulations affecting consumer
loans, including but not limited to: Fair Lending, Reg. B, HMDA,
RESPA, & Reg Z.
- Has basic knowledge of the Bank's customer/deposit/loan inquiry
system (FIS) including the ability to perform basic commands and
- Ability to define problems, draw conclusions, and make valid
recommendations. Knows how to gather, analyze, and interpret data
in order to resolve problems. Has mathematical aptitude to perform
basic financial calculations.
- Has basic computer knowledge including keyboarding and
- Has knowledge of Microsoft or related office software products
including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Has advanced organizational skills including the ability to
schedule and keep appointments.
- Knows how to plan and schedule time efficiently. Has ability to
handle interruptions effectively. Has ability to work independently
under limited or no supervision.
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills including the
ability to acknowledge customers promptly, communicate with
customers in writing, answer the phone in a friendly manner,
identify themselves and company, listening skills, answer
questions, follow up and resolve customer conflict.
- Has complete understanding of our value proposition and
competitive advantage in the banking environment as well as changes
in the business environment.
The Bank of Marin is a growing public company with career
advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision,
401K, profit sharing and employee stock ownership plans, tuition
reimbursement, and an employee volunteer program.
Bank of Marin is an equal opportunity employer. EOE AA
Keywords: Bank of Marin, Novato , Consumer Loan Department Manager, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!