Clinical Operations Manager
Company: Marin General Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate:
MarinHealth Medical Network is a medical foundation representing
the physicians, their care teams and office staff, who previously
operated under Prima Medical Foundation or the Marin Healthcare
District. With a network of clinics across many different medical
specialties throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County,
MarinHealth Medical Network functions as an extended family of
healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren't just
making a living; we're making a positive impact on the health of
our patients and their families. Come and join us in touching and
transforming lives every day!
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records
will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with
federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability status and any other
classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
The Clinical Operations Manager leads clinical oversight of all
MHMN sites though process implementations, monitoring of sites, and
collaboration with governing affiliates to maintain compliance with
standards and regulations pertaining to clinical requirements. This
includes clinical training, infection prevention, and quality
In partnership with the Director of Centralized Services,
together this role acts as a liaison between clinic leaders,
providers, senior management, and UCSF leaders. This role assists
in developing process improvements and clinical initiatives. In
order to ensure the delivery of clinically regulated, high-quality,
safe, efficient patient care, the Clinical Operations Manager is
responsible to implement process improvement initiatives, train,
and help develop all clinical staff with the assistance of clinical
training direct reports. This position requires the ability to lead
change while maintaining best practices. Areas of responsibility
include: clinical regulations, EMR, clinical best practices,
protocol creation and implementation, clinical budgets, clinical
staffing, training, projects, affiliate liaison, and training.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Clinical expertise and understanding of clinical processes to
effectively evaluate quality of care and process improvement
- Leads site visits in order to identify areas of opportunity
based on each individual clinic's needs while balancing the overall
goals of the organization and regulatory compliance.
- Monitors and analyzes clinical protocols for efficiency and
- Assists in the creation, development, implementation and
monitoring of initiatives in order to maximize clinical offerings
and best in class clinical staff. This includes high focus on point
of care testing and clinical competencies.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical staff and senior management
on clinical items.
- In conjunction with managing the clinical training team, this
role identifies, develops and implements specific training modules
for staff, clinic leaders, providers, and clinical trainers.
- Acts as the Infection Prevention (IP) expert for MHMN, while
managing IP issues and best practices with enterprise MarinHealth
- Partners with Director to prepare and present clinical
analyses, KPI report-outs, and other reports as needed.
- Is highly involved in the clinic quality committees; works to
improve the clinical safety and quality needs for the clinics.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, clinical workflows, and
offers expertise on clinical scopes and working to level of
- Acts as clinical expert to lead quality improvements in
response to patient survey requirements, and compliance
- Assists in the interviewing of clinical float staff, onboarding
of new clinical staff, and retraining of staff having performance
- Leads projects as needed within MHMN as well as with
- Possesses excellent communication skills (verbal and
- Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail.
- Provides solutions to complex business issues.
- Ability to assist during variable hours as needed (clinic
locations with evening/weekend hours, or in emergent situations,
- Ability to drive to/from various clinic locations (requires a
California Driver's License and automobile insurance in
- Adherence to MHMN's Behavior Standards of Excellence (see full
description), including, but not limited to:
- Exceptional customer service;
- Respectful communication with patients, physicians, and
- Professionalism in all work-related interactions;
- Effective teamwork;
- Safe work environment;
- Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
- 5+ years' experience in a multi-clinic healthcare
- 1-3 years' experience in a clinical regulation role
- 1-3 years' experience supervising others and/or programs
- RN license required
- BSN required
- Clinical Master's degree preferred
- Previous experience in a medical office: nursing, management of
staff, operational management, or project management;
- Knowledge/experience with EMR and/or practice management
systems (use of Epic Apex a plus)
- Prioritize projects and deadlines.
- Identify, analyze and resolve operational problems.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality
- Reliability and professionalism.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS office products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Marin General Hospital, Novato , Clinical Operations Manager, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!