Senior Facial Animator
Company: Hangar 13
Posted on: January 12, 2022
JOB TITLE: Senior Facial Animator
LOCATION: Novato, CA
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
What We Need
We are looking for a talented Facial Animator with extensive
experience developing keyframe animations as well as working with
Motion Capture animations. Facial Animator is responsible for
creation and implementation of computer facial animations of the
characters based on the screenplay and design of the game and for
their resulting quality and functionality in the game.
What You Will Do
- Create both keyframe and mocap driven facial animations that
set the standard for character animation on both creatures and
- Work with the animation team, lead animator, character artists,
cinematic editors, designers and producers to deliver content that
matches their vision and constraints.
- Assist in the rig development by working with the animation TD
and creature designer to inform the structure and mechanics of the
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation
software, test and debug.
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project.
- Search for new solutions and enhancements related to facial
animations of the characters.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with
unique creatures and characters.
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation
- Exceptional understanding of facial animation for various types
of emotions, complementing activities of and typical for the
characters. Ability to analyze, capture, and reproduce these
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with keyframe or mocap animation
in games or film.
- Knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics,
acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple
- Self-education related to animations and keeping track of new
trends in the industry.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
Nice To Have
- Experience with motion capture, directing shoots and processing
- Ideally, you have shipped at least 1 AAA console game.
Experience in the game industry.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira,
Shotgun, Trello, etc.).
- Knowledge of computer games.
Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four
locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague
(Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on
big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity - Visionaries who
aren't afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who
embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We're continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks
and redefine what's possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished -
A home for people who aren't satisfied with what is, but who are
obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we'll Bravely Create.
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south
of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13's Novato location has found
its home within 2K's headquarters in Northern California. Situated
in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base
hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within
invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore
famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous
coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting
conducive to Hangar 13's inclusive and creatively diverse work
environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to
vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets,
great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite
amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored
food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized
fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations
and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a
15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com,
hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.
Keywords: Hangar 13, Novato , Senior Facial Animator, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!