Senior Research Associate 1
Company: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
kind. BioMarin's Technical Operations group is responsible for
creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling
production of those drugs for the commercial market. These
engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and
maintain BioMarin's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites,
provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet
regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to
support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of
our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful
impact on patients' lives.
SUMMARY:The Analytical Sciences department at BioMarin
Pharmaceutical Inc. is seeking an experienced molecular and cell
biologist at Senior Research Associate 1 level for research and
development activities. This individual will be working on assay
development for recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV)-based
- Cell culture (maintenance, expansion, transduction).
- Characterization and evaluation of performance of rAAV in
- Design, plan, and perform experiments, diligently document the
results. Prioritize tasks, manage time effectively.
- Being self-motivated and proactive.
- Critical thinking; troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Teamwork; present results in team meetings; conduct internal
and external collaborations.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment; be willing to
accept responsibilities outside of the initial job
description.EDUCATIONA degree in molecular biology, cell biology,
virology or any related field, meeting the minimum requirements is
Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience, or Master's degree
with 4 years of relevant experience in academia or in the
biotechnological industry. EXPERIENCERequired:
- Hands-on expertise in mammalian cell culture and molecular
- Analytical tools: cell-based potency assays, ddPCR, ELISA,
- Prior experience with AAV characterization or analysis is
- Ability to take ownership of the projects and independently
lead development efforts for cell-based assays.
- Critical thinking, excellent data analysis and interpretation
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Presentation of results in
written and oral formats.
- Strong ability to work in a team.Desired:
- Assay development and qualification experience is a plus.
- Experience with baculovirus and/or other viral vectors.
- Flow cytometry, data analysis.
Keywords: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Novato , Senior Research Associate 1, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!