Research Associate 1
Company: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
kind. BioMarin's Technical Operations group is responsible for
creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling
production of those drugs for the commercial market. These
engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and
maintain BioMarin's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites,
provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet
regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to
support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of
our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful
impact on patients' lives. JOB DESCRIPTION The selected candidate
will work in the Analytical Sciences group to assist in the
advancement of BioMarin's therapeutics for clinical evaluation and
potential commercialization. The candidate will be responsible
assay development, assay qualification, and characterization
testing using routine and semi-routine analytical methods under
limited supervision. The selected candidate should possess
excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills and
be a self-starter willing to work efficiently and collaboratively
in a dynamic environment. RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibility
is to support the Assay Services subgroup within Analytical
- Performs analytical assays for samples within and outside the
purview of assay services. including cell-based bioassays, ELISA,
chromatography, PCR, and capillary electrophoresis.
- Provides major contributions to the evaluation of drug
substance and drug product.
- Receives and records results for Assay Services in support of a
variety of different groups including QC, MFG, Cell Culture PD,
Purification PD and Formulation. Responsible for operational
aspects of the laboratory through ordering, equipment maintenance
and organization. This position will also record and interpret data
generated and properly record into the company Electronic Notebook
and/or Labware LIMS.
- Assist in planning and execution of relevant experiments to
support development and qualification of analytical assays for gene
therapy agents and biologics.
- Assists Scientists in the qualification of assay methods for
transferring to the Quality Control Analytical and In-Process
- Develops the capacity to troubleshoot assay methods and to
suggest remedies for problems or improvements to the methods.
- Other duties as assigned. Skills Required Skills:
- Experience in performing analytical methods including
plate-based bioassays, HPLC, or PCR methods.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to
communicate complex information.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively
multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a
fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment. Desired
- Experienced in method development, qualification, and
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is a plus
- Knowledge of GMP / GLP is a plus Primarily a laboratory
position; contact with chemicals is part of the job. The employee
will be trained to use common lab equipment and minimize exposure
to hazards. Desktop or laptop computer work is also a major
component of the job. Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical
Chemistry, or a related field. PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or
Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming
employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Novato , Research Associate 1, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!