Lead Combat Designer
Company: Cloud Chamber
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Cloud Chamber is looking for a knowledgeable and accomplished
Lead Combat Designer to join our studio and shepherd a team in
creating industry-leading combat gameplay. You'll be the team's
foremost expert in your field, and be an example for the rest of
the studio in your ability to inspire and create incredible,
compelling content. You've got a wealth of experience and
information that you're excited to share with the team around you.
You're also excited by pushing boundaries and experimental
gameplay. We've set the stage for a stunning narrative and
systems-driven experience, come help us breathe life into this
As a leadership role, we're looking for someone who is energized by
the opportunity to manage and mentor a team of creators, to foster
a collaborative and creative space, and to champion our values.
- Manage a team of designers entrusted with implementing combat
gameplay content in an immersive sandbox world .
- Supervise relevant multi-disciplinary work pods in the
development and presentation of combat gameplay and AI.
- Identify and implement best practices and workflows conducive
to consistency and deliverability of game content within your
- Implement communication strategies for enhancing the
cross-pollination of ideas and sharing of knowledge amongst content
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders to track game
progression, variety, and pacing
- Support and mentor designers in their career progression.
- Work with producers to manage schedules and milestone
- Own the combat systems development and the gameplay framework
- Develop an FPS combat paradigm that is accessible, satisfying,
and allows for a high degree of player expression and
experimentation within a highly reactive world.
- Get creative: look beyond direct conflict, accommodate various
play-styles and design encounters that can be resolved through
Skills, Experience And Qualifications
You love the idea of player expression, and get excited by emergent
design and experiences. You are adept at good encounter design,
understanding how AI, tactical space, and player verbs combine to
create magic in both scripted and unscripted settings.
- Lead experience; managing processes and people, and a history
of leading compassionately through example.
- Shipped preferably two, but at a minimum one AAA title as a
- Proven experience in executing an idea from concept to
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solutions oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication
- A desire to work in a closely collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of current game trends in technology.
- A deep love of games, with a desire to push the medium
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who
create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and
thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the
makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on
open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to
strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We're currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic
franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and
responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved
game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we'd love
to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective
employees we only use 2K.com accounts.
Keywords: Cloud Chamber, Novato , Lead Combat Designer, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!