Staff Machine Learning Scientist
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company,
publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game
development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for
developing 2K's portfolio of world-class games across multiple
platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy,
Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding
due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting
studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes
titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including sports,
shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data
scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the
professional publishing stewards of our growing library of
critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock,
Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier's Civilization, Tiny Tina's
Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work
environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are
and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion
and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We
encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned
label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What You Will Do
- Work closely with game development, live services, tech, and
data engineering teams to identify, frame, and solve problems
through innovative applications of machine learning in the
fascinating world of video gaming.
- Research and implement machine learning models and AI
algorithms to impact in-game experiences.
- Collaborate with engineers on integrating machine learning
solutions with the products.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- You have great technical breadth and depth over machine
learning and statistics, experience with deployment and
productizing machine learning models, track record of technical
leadership on complex projects through cross-team
- You are a solution oriented, creative problem solver, a
self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to drive impact, build
whatever is necessary along the way. You are capable and
comfortable making architectural choices when working on complex
solutions consisting of multiple components.
What You Will Have
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer
Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, or Economics.
- 2+Years of experience in machine learning, data science, or
applied science roles.
- Expertise in both traditional ML & deep learning.
- Proficient in Python programming and machine learning
modelling/computation frameworks such as scikit-learn, PyTorch,
Tensorflow, Spark ML
- Proficient in relational database and SQL. Experience with big
data technologies such as Apache Spark, NoSQL databases
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with
working hours 10am-6.30pm enabling greater connection with our US
- Experience with matchmaking algorithm in either gaming or
non-gaming context, recommender systems, simulations, or antifraud
- Expertise in mathematical optimisation, reinforcement learning,
game theory, mechanism design or market design.
- Knowledge and experience of RNN, GNN, GAN, Anomaly
- Cloud services such as AWS. Familiarity with containerisation,
container orchestration, serverless, and model serving
- Familiarity with video games
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that
qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, perform their essential job functions, and receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you
need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant
messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective
employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com
Keywords: 2K, Novato , Staff Machine Learning Scientist, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!