Assistant Administrator - Novato
Company: Novato Healthcare Center
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Novato Healthcare Center - Summary: - - - -
-Responsible for assisting in the overall operation of the facility
in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local
standards and regulations, and in accordance with the facility
policies and procedures to assure the highest degree of quality
care is provided to our residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. - - - - -Demonstrates commitment to company's mission, values
and standards of ethical behavior.
2. - - - - -Model a positive and professional image that emulates
the organization's mission and encourage a spirit of
3. - - - - -Ensure that each resident receives superior care in a
manner that maintains or enhances their quality of life, and helps
them attain and maintain the highest possible mental and physical
functional status, in an environment of kindness, dignity and
4. - - - - -Ensures that all residents' rights including fair and
equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy,
property and civil rights, including the right to file complaints,
are well established and protected at all times.
5. - - - - -Complies with and upholds all company policies and
6. - - - - -Assists Administrator in providing proactive support,
removing obstacles and provide solutions as needed, and in
fostering a work environment that values and recognizes the
contributions of each employee and encourages a spirit of
cooperation, communication and teamwork to achieve organizational
7. - - - - -Assists in short and long term planning, development,
and direction of facility. Aids in setting standards, developing
objectives, and constantly striving to improve operations.
8. - - - - -Provides support to Administrator in day-to-day human
resource functions including coaching, counseling, disciplining,
and training of staff.
9. - - - - -Participates in monthly operations review with
10. - -Participates in annual budget preparation.
11. - -Assists in identifying areas for improvement, develops
effective plans, monitors and evaluates results and communicates to
Administrator and facility staff as needed.
12. - -Attends Quality Assurance, CQI and relevant subcommittee
meetings. Focuses on learning how to run an effective meeting,
understanding key concepts of QA and CQI and utilizing the concepts
to effect change.
13. - -Assists the Administrator in planning, development,
organizing, implementations, and directing the day-to-day functions
of the facility, its programs and activities.
14. - -Participates in special projects as directed.
15. - -Participates in monitoring and auditing activities and
16. - -Works in conjunction with Compliance Department staff, as
well as Human Resources, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Legal,
Reimbursement, and other support departments, as required in
establishing and maintaining all components of the Compliance
Process. Prepares compliance reports, as required.
17. - -Adheres to state and federal regulations and company
policies and procedures; HIIPA confidentiality standards of
resident and facility information; OSHA and safety standards; and
established safety precautions and regulation in the performance of
tasks and the use of equipment and supplies.
18. - -Reports the following in accordance with established
facility procedures and regulatory standards: accidents and
incidents; resident grievances, complaints, allegations of resident
abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property; occupational
exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous
chemicals; concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance
including but not limited to hazardous conditions and
19. - -May perform administrative duties such as completing forms,
20. - -Assists in developing formal and informal employee
recognition programs that identify and reward talented employees,
positive contributions and exceptional effort. Attends
Administrator meetings with staff to review facility goals and
policy, to make certain all employees understand and comply with
applicable regulatory and company requirements.
21. - -Assists Administrator in reviewing and interpreting monthly
22. - -Actively involved in business development initiatives that
promote facility in a positive manner and effectively communicates
the organization's value to residents, visitors, staff and
community. Participates in development of market analyses and
23. - -Visits appropriate community representatives, hospital
discharge planners, physicians, and service centers to provide
information about facility, its staff and services.
24. - -Consults with department managers concerning the operation
of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem
areas, and/or improving of service.
25. - -Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations, as
well as professional standards and industry best practices.
26. - -Attends orientation, in services and facility meetings as
required. Participates in periodic and routine regional meeting to
obtain company updates, enhance skill and knowledge base, and may
discuss performance measurements for facility. Attends various
training and development conferences and meetings.
27. - -Review resident complaints and grievances, monitoring a
prompt response to concerns and striving to attain mutual
resolution of concerns. Discuss with resident, staff and family as
appropriate per policy.
28. - -Assists in direct implementation of written policies and
procedures that reflect goals and objectives of facility, including
personnel policies, resident care policies, procedure manuals,
position descriptions, etc. Ensures that all personnel, residents,
visitors, and general public follow established policies and
29. - -Represents the facility to outside organizations, including
all governmental agency representatives, and third party
30. - -Assist in review and develops in coordination with
appropriate department managers Plan of Correction for deficiencies
noted during annual survey inspections/complaint visits and
provides a written copy of such plan to the Administrator.
31. - -Is accessible after hours for emergency purposes.
32. - -Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Work Experience
1. - - - - -1-2 years' previous experience in long term care
2. - - - - -Completion of Administrator-in-Training program
3. - - - - -Bachelor's degree from accredited college required;
specialization in healthcare administration or business
Knowledge and Skills:
1. - - - - -Ability to represent Company in an ethical and
professional manner, and to maintain accountability
2. - - - -Ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and
professionally with other employees, residents, family members,
visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public, as
3. - - - - -Ability to exercise discretion and independent
judgment, and reach logical, practical decisions
4. - - - - -Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to
5. - - - - -Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
6. - - - - -Ability to maintain confidentiality and be discreet
7. - - - - -Must be able to multi-task and handle pressure
8. - - - - -Must be able to follow instructions and to accept
9. - - - - -Must successfully pass background check, health exams,
and any other pre-employment requirements
10. - -Must be able to operate departmental equipment, as
11. - -Willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends,
holidays, and/or on other shifts and in other positions, when
12. - -Must be knowledgeable of nursing/medical practices and
procedures, and/or terminology, laws, regulations, and the
guidelines that pertain to long-term care
13. - -Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
sufficiently and comprehensibly enough to perform the essential
functions of the job
14. - -Strong communication skills, both one-on-one and in a group,
and ability to listen and respond to questions effectively
15. - -Sufficient computer skills including proficiency in
Microsoft Office, Outlook, and /or Internet to perform required
16. - -Creative problem solving abilities
17. - -Good grammatical, punctuation and spelling skills
18. - -Ability to inspire trust and respect, and mobilize
19. - -Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful
20. - -Supervisory skills including ability to delegate, resolve
conflict and respect diversity; ability to train and mentor adults;
ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve desired results
21. - -Ability to think strategically, master change, and maintain
22. - -Effective analytical and problem-solving skills including
23. - -Sound knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and tools
Keywords: Novato Healthcare Center, Novato , Assistant Administrator - Novato, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!