Research Associate 2
Posted on: November 14, 2023
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
kind. BioMarin's Technical Operations group is responsible for
creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling
production of those drugs for the commercial market. These
engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and
maintain BioMarin's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites,
provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet
regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to
support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of
our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful
impact on patients' lives. JOB DESCRIPTIONThe selected candidate
will work in the Analytical Sciences group to assist in the
advancement of BioMarin's therapeutics for clinical evaluation and
potential commercialization. The candidate will be responsible
assay development, assay qualification, and characterization
testing using routine and semi-routine analytical methods under
limited supervision. The selected candidate should possess
excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills and
be a self-starter willing to work efficiently and collaboratively
in a dynamic environment.RESPONSIBILITIESPrimary responsibility is
to support the routine testing subgroup (RTG) within Analytical
Sciences.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the
- Performs analytical assays for samples within and outside the
purview of RTG including cell-based bioassays, ELISA,
chromatography, PCR, and capillary electrophoresis.
- Contributes to the release and stability evaluation of drug
substance and drug product in a phase-appropriate GxP
- Receives and records results in support of a variety of
different groups including QC, MFG, Cell Culture PD, Purification
PD and Formulation.
- The position may require occasional 'off hours' and holiday
support as required
- Responsible for operational aspects of the laboratory through
ordering, equipment maintenance and organization.
- Record and interpret data generated and properly record into
the company Electronic Notebook and/or Labware LIMS.
- Assist in planning and execution of relevant experiments to
support development and qualification of analytical assays forgene
therapy agents andbiologics.
- Assists Scientists in the qualification of assay methods for
transferring to the Quality Control Analytical and In-Process
- Develops the capacity to troubleshoot assay methods and to
suggest remedies for problems or improvements to the methods.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- Experience in performing analytical methods including
plate-based bioassays, ELISAs, HPLC, or PCR methods.
- Experience or understanding of GMP/GLP requirements.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to
communicate complex information.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively
multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a
fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.Desired Skills:
- Experienced in method development, qualification, and
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Primarily a laboratory position; contact with chemicals is part
of the job. The employee will be trained to use common lab
equipment and minimize exposure to hazards. Desktop or laptop
computer work is also a major component of the job. This is a fully
onsite role.EducationBachelor's/ Master's Degree in Chemistry,
Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field with 2- 4
years of experience in a Biologics or Pharmaceutical
environment.This is a fully onsite role, based in Novato, CA. We
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. In the U.S., the salary range for
this position is $ 76,000 to $ 114,000 per year, which factors in
various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take
into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the
candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and
experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or
long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the
compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and
Keywords: BIOMARIN, Novato , Research Associate 2, Other , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!