Business Systems Analyst
Company: Buck Institute for Research on Aging
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Competitive salary ($110,000 - $130,000) commensurate with
- Benefits package including health insurance, paid parental
leave, generous vacation/sick leave and 401(k) with 5% employer
- This is an onsite position - local applicants or applicants
willing to relocate only.Position Summary
The Buck Institute for Research on Aging is looking for an
experienced Business Systems Analyst to focus on supporting the
Institute's enterprise business systems. This mid-level technical
position, reporting to the Director of Information Technology, will
support the implementation of: Core Financial System, Grants
Management, electronic Research Administration, HRIS, Payroll,
Purchasing/Receiving, and other business systems.
- Support day-to-day activities of enterprise-level systems and
users for: Financial, Grants, Purchasing, Research Administration,
Human Resources, Philanthropy, and other departments.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and document
their processes and data requirements to come up with robust
solutions that meet their objectives and required outcomes.
- Build software solutions to meet stakeholder needs; or work
with vendors to identify commercial or custom software solutions
that would meet stakeholder needs and implement the solution.
- Translate technical requirements and business processes into
- Train users, other analysts, and IT technicians on operations
and support of enterprise systems.
- Write and maintain custom reports and queries, leveraging
appropriate reporting tools or by writing SQL queries.
- Act as the Institute's project manager for software selection
and implementation projects.
- Document system architecture, operational practices, and end
- Keep abreast with current trends with a focus on technology
development and industry best practices and recommend solutions or
alternate methods to meet both business requirements and industry
best practices.Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to program in a modern programming language.Education,
Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business
administration, finance, or information systems.
- Three to five years related work experience.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements
analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management
software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing
- Working knowledge of Windows office systems.About Us
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we aim
to end the threat of age-related diseases for this and future
generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate
scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede
the ways in which we age. We are an independent, non-profit
institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of
increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally
recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging-the
number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer's,
Parkinson's, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and
diabetes-the Buck seeks to help people live better longer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an
atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background
are welcomed, valued, and supported. Candidates who contribute to
this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please click APPLY to submit your Resume and a Cover Letter
indicating why you would be a good candidate for this
Keywords: Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!