Material Handler I/II, Weigh and Dispense
Company: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
Posted on: January 21, 2023
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
kind. BioMarin's Technical Operations group is responsible for
creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling
production of those drugs for the commercial market. These
engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and
maintain BioMarin's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites,
provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet
regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to
support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of
our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful
impact on patients' lives.RESPONSIBILITIESMaterial Handler will be
responsible for sampling, weighing, and dispensing raw materials to
produce buffer, solution, and media kits for manufacturing
facilities. Material Handler is also responsible for receiving and
verifying materials and ensuring that material storage locations
are properly stocked and maintained. Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to the following:
- Receives, verifies and coordinates raw material receipts and
returns from warehouses to manufacturing facilities and vice
- Contact for raw material issues and reconciliation.
- Coordinates and reconciles raw materials that are in
- Performs audit of commonly used items to ensure inventory
- Coordinates a removal of expired raw materials and expired
- Maintains accurate inventory records for approved GMP raw
materials, components and supplies.
- Performs cycle counts of approved GMP material inventory as
assigned using ERP system.
- Complies with EHS&S safety guidelines, especially those
directly related to the operation of warehousing equipment such as
pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Performs pre-weigh for Kitting of buffers, solutions, and
- Performs sampling of raw material chemicals.
- Maintains warehouses and sub-inventory areas in an audit ready
- Complies with cGMP Documentation, Practices and
- Transports and distributes approved GMP raw materials,
components and supplies to the designated manufacturing
- Assists with SOP and Work Instruction updates as required.
- Provides suggestions for process improvements and participate
- Manages Kanban system to support manufacturing operations.
- Required to work in a clean room environment.EXPERIENCERequired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Must possess a valid California driver's license.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.Desired Skills:
- 1-2 years experience in a GMP warehousing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge in Oracle EBS, CMMS, GCDL and LabWare LIMS system or
similar operating database.
- Experience in continuous improvements.EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- AA/AS or BA/BS in Life Sciences or related discipline
- Class C trucks
- Pallet jacks
- Forklifts (Narrow-aisle and fork-truck style lifts)
- Floor Scales and other measuring equipment
- LAF hoods
- Scan gunsWORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of
physical movements may be used on a daily basis: pulling, pushing,
bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, and kneeling.
- Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense,
push and/or pull items with an average weight of 30 pounds.
- May require work around loud equipment.
- The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Required Work
Hours:Sunday - Wednesday. 7am - 6pm PSTCONTACTSWork closely with
Quality Operations, Facility Services, Manufacturing and Supply
Chain personnel to ensure efficient Material Operations.PLEASE
NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits
vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for
COVID-19. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Novato , Material Handler I/II, Weigh and Dispense, Professions , Novato, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!